EnGenius EUB-362 Wireless Wifi USB Adapter Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EnGenius EUB-362 Wireless Wifi USB Adapter Review

Hey guys I just bought a wireless lan usb adapter and I have to say this thing rocks. It's made by EnGenius and the model number is EUB-362 (EXT). It even comes with a removable antenna for those of you looking for that feature. I installed it in my driveway and after getting it all set up, I immediately had a connection to the internet! I don't have wireless in my house so it was picking up another connection somewhere else. I tried with two other usb wifi adapters and both of them didn't get near as good as connection as this thing does. I have it sitting in the rear deck of my car and I get perfect reception there. So yeah, I just wanted to say that this adapter is HIGHLY recommended! Here are a few photos:

L-U-R-C-H

Does is use the standard antenna connector? (Can't really tell from the pics)
    Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

I suppose it does... I don't know what you mean by standard.

Comment

Originally posted by L-U-R-C-H
        I suppose it does... I don't know what you mean by standard.

The cool thing about standards is there are so many to choose from!

Edit:

It uses a RP-SMA connector, same as D-Link.
        Failure is not an option....

It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryWoods
          It uses a RP-SMA connector, same as D-Link.
          I see... nice!
          Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

this should probably be put in the review forum...

done, also cheanged the title to reflect the review forum guidelines
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

By standard, I believe he means the "popular" SMA connectors that you see quite often on wireless cards.
              Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

how much was it?

Comment

I paid $65.00 shipped for mine.

Comment

I'm extremely pleased with mine. My Linksys only shows one access point, but with the EnGenious I see 5 more access points. Found mine on ebay using buy-it-now.

Comment

I've got this same adapter and it gets great reception. I'm having trouble with it blocking my shut-down procedures though? Whenever it's plugged in my computer takes forEVER to shut down, but if i unplug it while it's shutting down, it will shut down almost right away. Any ideas LURCH?

Comment

My shutdown doesn't take any longer with the EnGenius.

Comment

Well the shutdown works alright now... don't know what happened with that. I'm just having a HELL of a time finding and keeping a connection for any period of time. Half the time it won't find a network at all, the other half it finds a network and gets great signal, but won't transfer a damn byte of information. I've reinstalled the drivers twice and I'm starting to get fed up with it.

Comment

The problems you're describing sounds like my Linksys PCI card. I'm really happy with my EnGenius though.

Comment

This adapter is indeed good. 200mW. Im using them on dish reflector antennas with biquad feed. remooving casing, soldering LMR400 direct into PCB from biquadfeed, weatherproof enclosure, works like thunder

Comment

Working...
                              X