AppMart needs serious work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AppMart needs serious work

Theres another thread I can't find at the moment asking about how to get more developers interested in the AutoAppMart.....my suggestion-make it work.

Its completely broken under IE...and while you might like to say use another browser-that approach will not lead to happy customers. Using chrome (which renders just about everything perfectly), the website shows up very very tiny....it doesn't scale properly for different screen resolutions. Even under firefox, half the maintenance operations from the dev backend result in server errors.
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

IE? people still use that?
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Well, considering that windows still has 91% of the market share... yeah.

60% of the worlds internet users still use IE.
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
        Well, considering that windows still has 91% of the market share... yeah.

60% of the worlds internet users still use IE.
        There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. Also, most statistics are made up on the spot. 40% of people already know this.

I'm willing to bet that 50% of that 60% think that the big "e" icon is the internet and have no concept of a browser. The other 50% are forced to use IE because of work.

Comment

I do use ie, have seen ie9 beta html5 rendering?

Firefox crashes a lot. Its liike Netscape, bloated appendages killed it. For now I'm using chrome, but some sites don't like it much (cf forums).
          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
            I do use ie, have seen ie9 beta html5 rendering?

Firefox crashes a lot. Its liike Netscape, bloated appendages killed it. For now I'm using chrome, but some sites don't like it much (cf forums).
            meh, even opera can render html5. Chromium/Chrome rocks IE's days and nights.

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/05/i...rketshare-chr/

But thats no excuse. I've been working on getting the stats together so we can pay the developers by the 10th since thats the agreement. Trust me IE is in big bold letters on my whiteboard.

I just fixed a few app upload bugs and feature showing bugs as well.

The scaling issue, well, there isn't much i can do. Zen cart uses tables for the layout, and if you know what that means, it means its the wrong way. Unfortunately we can't write a brand new layout right now or make the site from scratch.

So ill make it work in IE and work on re doing sections of the site that I are most accessed to a better floating div model.

Comment

i have zero problems viewing app mart on chrome or firefox, honestly never tried with IE
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Guys, we are addressing IE issues today. Had to focus on the reporting first as we just started issuing our first payments to developers yesterday.

Please keep the comments coming, the goal is to make this useful to you all.

In general it seems to me that the Auto App Mart does work. Aside from IE, what are we missing, what else is broken?
                  Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                  • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                  • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                  • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                  • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                    i have zero problems viewing app mart on chrome or firefox, honestly never tried with IE
                    Because your using a lower screen resolution...its a scaling issue like said above

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                      Guys, we are addressing IE issues today. Had to focus on the reporting first as we just started issuing our first payments to developers yesterday.

Please keep the comments coming, the goal is to make this useful to you all.

In general it seems to me that the Auto App Mart does work. Aside from IE, what are we missing, what else is broken?
                      The scaling issue is a big one...there are plenty of users that will be visiting the site with larger monitors. Theres also backend issues...when trying to edit your apps you get server errors. Also, as a feature request, an easy way to get to your apps to edit them would be really nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X