lg dare setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lg dare setup

I am trying to setup with phone to dial out. I have the dial number set to #777, user name is [email protected], also tried [email protected] . password is vzw.

here are a couple of screen shots. Am I missing something?
    Attached Files
    01 Burb
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-suburban.html

got it to dial. but it hangs up right after that.
    01 Burb

Comment

Did you activate tethering on your plan? If not it will do exactly this.

Comment

no, guess i have to call them up then. thx
        01 Burb

Comment

Or just reset the dun username to the default username but that would probably violate your contract
          openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
          - Always Recruiting Developers -
          Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
            Or just reset the dun username to the default username but that would probably violate your contract
            whats the default username? phone#@vzw3g.com?
            01 Burb

Comment

Just make sure you use the usb driver and setup as DUN. everything else is correct. This is the route I took and it works great.

Comment

tho phone connects but then hangs up. what gets set as dun?
                01 Burb

Comment

Originally posted by diggla View Post
                  tho phone connects but then hangs up. what gets set as dun?
                  I dont know for your carrier, but it is something generic. Like CINGULAR1, that sort of thing. Nothing that tied to your personal info like phone #. Google might help here.
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

No its exactly that - [email protected], password: vzw, number: #777
                    Disable all hardware features of the virtual modem....and ACTUALLY PAY FOR DUN ACCESS.

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
                      No its exactly that - [email protected], password: vzw, number: #777
                      Disable all hardware features of the virtual modem....and ACTUALLY PAY FOR DUN ACCESS.
                      how is the default something like that? That seems like what you would use if you paid for the service. But a cell phone is already a dialing device so it seems stupid to pay for it again. Which is why if you connected by the true default you should be able to dial out like normal, or tether the data connection through the wired connection.
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I've yet to figure out how to get around verizon's tethering service without paying on my Dare. I'd love to know how, since as 2k1Toaster likes to point out, I already surf the web with the damn thing, screw the $60/month for tethering. I could do it on my verizon windows mobile phone I had from work, but I haven't made it work on my dare.

Comment

the dun settings is exactly that, i hacked the phone for the free internet but cant get this.
                          01 Burb

Comment

Because they assume data usage for a tethered connection will be far higher then a regular device (which is true) so they charge an extra $15 for it (i think thats the price i last heard).

And yes a cell phone is a dialing device but your not actually dialing anywhere.....your logging in to use their internet connection for "high speeds".

Of course there are ways to do this for free but its pretty easy to destroy your phone doing it, get sued etc. Not to mention against forum rules here - so

Comment

I've done it on my Blackberry and I used to work high level support at the carrier as well. The most common error I see people make is not switching their default modem. They would have their phone all set up but it would still try and dial out of the internal modem in the computer, not get a dial tone and hang up. I'd get them to switch it over to their phone, redial and voila. It worked.
                              Ampie Case
                              2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                              Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                              Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Working...
                              X