Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• added motion check

From 1.1 Release notes

"added motion check, based on integrated GPS speed, if the car is moving fullscreen visualizations, fullscreen video, DVD, TV, WEB, and the Navigation menu are disabled (if this is not a law in your country run Centrafuse with a -nolimit parameter to bypass), we hold no liability for changes made by persons to the application within regions where these features are not legal"

Is this only for Display one? I would like to be able to obey the law, but does not mean that my kids in the back seat, should not be able to view a video

This is only for display one... If you have any of those going to any other display other than the primary then they will still work when the car is in motion...

meant for rear screens and so forth...

david

Comment

That is what I wanted. Thanks

Comment

What if I want to show a client the features of the system and I only have one display screen on the car (By the way, the passenger will be selecting the front end options and watching the results, not the driver)? Please advice at your earliest convenience. I know you are a busy man.

Comment

Originally posted by ddarind View Post
          (if this is not a law in your country run Centrafuse with a -nolimit parameter to bypass), we hold no liability for changes made by persons to the application within regions where these features are not legal"
          should be the passage you want.

Comment

You are right. I overlooked that part. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by lfilomeno View Post
              What if I want to show a client the features of the system and I only have one display screen on the car (By the way, the passenger will be selecting the front end options and watching the results, not the driver)? Please advice at your earliest convenience. I know you are a busy man.
              But what if I am too stupid to know how to implement this...can someone be more specific ? This car PC is in my week-end car - and I always have a co-pilot. The co-pilot should be able to play with the screen.

Probably better to but a warning screen there that you always have to click as opposed to locking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by f1anatic View Post
                Probably better to but a warning screen...
                Possibly, but that's not how a lot of laws are written. Warning screens won't cut it, the software has to lock it out.

If you need help in learning how to pass parameters to CF, we can help with that.
                :: Mark

Comment

can anyone tell me how to add these values into the reg as i us CF as a shell cheers
                  http://www.deathmedia.co.uk/car/sig.jpg

Comment

The warning screens are a way for the car stereo (or in this case car PC) manufacturer to cover their rear end in case it is proven in court that the accident was caused by distraction due to the device. In turn, the driver cannot sue the company because the warning screen was explicit. But in states that have laws already, the manufacturer has to do better than placing a warning sign at device startup; a brake signal input or a motion sensor will be required in order for the device to be safe comply with the law. It is a good practice to have this feature(s) available since a recent study pointed out that 90% of car accidents are caused by distracted drivers. Out of that 90% an alarming 60% percent of those distracted drivers were fumbling around with their iPODs, CD's, cell phones, and other consumer electronics gadgetry! So Centrafuse is once again ahead of the front end pack by offering the motion check feature and voice commands recognition. The drivers eyes are keep in the road and his hands are kept at the steering wheel. Entertainment and/or information is requested via voice commands. Who needs a Lexus, a Mercedes, or a Beemer? We can have all those features on our cars without the expense! Well done David.

Comment

-nolimit -nowarning

How do i add these useing regedit as i run as system shell. This is so my work mae can add the new location of our delivery
                      http://www.deathmedia.co.uk/car/sig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by deathduck View Post
                        -nolimit -nowarning

How do i add these useing regedit as i run as system shell. This is so my work mae can add the new location of our delivery
                        Where the shell is specified in the registry, add the command-line parameters to the end...

There's a writeup on this in the FAQ Emporium here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46088
                        Make certain to pay attention to posts #26 & 27.
                        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

It's a good idea. Where I live it's $275 and 3 points (out of a total of 12 available) for having a video/dvd playing while in view of the driver while moving.

On a bit of a tangent, I always thought it would be a good idea to have the option to have a small video overlay (if you have a front facing cam) that can sit in the corner of your screen, so that if you do need to look at your carpc (change music, look at the nav screen etc) you have a little window giving you a front facing view.

Yes it's going to be small and give you minimal detail, but it can't hurt to igve the driver a general picture of what is going on when he's not looking at the road...
                          I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

ok, where in the reg editor is centrafuse to add this. I don't run as a shell, but still a bit confused i understand that i have to leave the parameter outside of the quotes, but i can't find centrafuse in the registry in the first place.
                            "Toilets scare the crap of of me..."

Comment

Originally posted by blckwdw View Post
                              ok, where in the reg editor is centrafuse to add this. I don't run as a shell, but still a bit confused i understand that i have to leave the parameter outside of the quotes, but i can't find centrafuse in the registry in the first place.
                              If you're not running as a shell, then the entry won't be in the registry.

Find the shortcut that you use to launch CF, then:
                              • Right click on the icon
                              • Properties
                              • Shortcut tab
                              • Add " -nolimit -nowarning" to the end of the line in the TARGET field. Don't forget the leading space in front of "-nolimit".
                              • Click OK
                              You should be all set the next time you run CF.
                              :: Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X