Possible bug but need confirmation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bug but need confirmation

Seems like Centrafuse refuses to load properly when IVT BlueSoleil is installed and running... with it uninstalled (note - HAS to be uninstalled, just shutting it off doesnt help), it seems to run fine - but with it - its toast.

Anyone can confirm it?

strange, never heard or used that program...

if it's not running it shouldn't matter...

only thing I can think is that program is changing some system files when it installs or something...

david

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeJew View Post
      Seems like Centrafuse refuses to load properly when IVT BlueSoleil is installed and running... with it uninstalled (note - HAS to be uninstalled, just shutting it off doesnt help), it seems to run fine - but with it - its toast.

Anyone can confirm it?
      So, you're talking about this?
      http://www.ivtcorporation.com/produc...suit/index.php

(from the site)
      "It enables PCs to form networks and exchange information wirelessly."
      Looks like it might create a virtual network adapter, and if it does then it might confuse CF's enumeration...

What does "refuses to load properly" mean? Is there an error message?

Have you tired it on more than one PC?
      :: Mark

Comment

The program comes with certain bluetooth adapters to act as the wireless manager; with IVT installed; Centrafuse would not load completely most of the times, and when it does - it would lag, insane lag.

When centrafuse does not load - it will get stuck on the "building controls" part. And when it does load, it will respond to commands maybe 30 seconds after you press it. Also when I go to task manager - I notice that the centrafuse.exe process keeps taking more RAM about 150 kb at a time every second...

Bluesoleil would work fine; but Centrafuse would not with it enabled - and I want BlueSoleil because without it - I can't pair my phone's serial port to the CarPc and use PhoCo.

And veetid - BlueSoleil does install new BT driver stacks; but when I uninstall it I make it NOT remove those drivers and when the application is uninstalled, Centrafuse would work just fine (though the drivers are still there).

Comment

Comrade, why do you need the BlueSoleil suite for PhoCo? The Broadcom stack is supposed to work much better with PhoCo. It is even mentioned on the site that they strongly recommend Broadcom over BlueSoleil.
          My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
            Comrade, why do you need the BlueSoleil suite for PhoCo? The Broadcom stack is supposed to work much better with PhoCo. It is even mentioned on the site that they strongly recommend Broadcom over BlueSoleil.
            Cuz no matter what I tried, my HTC Wizard does not want to show COM ports unless it's BlueSoleil. I am using a generic BT dongle that I got and it came with the BlueSoleil software. I am not using BlueSoleil atm - using the generic Windows XP SP2 Widcomm drivers.

What are those Broadcom drivers you mentioned? Any link to them? Are they universal?

Comment

phoco works absolutely fine for me with centrafuse (latest version) and bluesoleil all running no problems!

Comment

Originally posted by malcs View Post
                phoco works absolutely fine for me with centrafuse (latest version) and bluesoleil all running no problems!
                Hrm... that's odd... I guess i will play with it some more.

Comment

I bet this is another issue of my new internet detection method... it has already been changed...

it was one small issue I added in 1.11 I thought, but causing issues for many people...

I was in previous versions running a simple command to detect if you had a network connection, but this wasn't always good because you can have a connection and not have internet...

so I used a Win32 call to ping a site, which was bad idea... at least the method I chose...

I will either go back to the way it was, or use a new method I wrote that seems to work better...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                    so I used a Win32 call to ping a site, which was bad idea... at least the method I chose...

I will either go back to the way it was, or use a new method I wrote that seems to work better...
                    Think about just pinging whatever is configured as the gateway address - kinda' need that for anything to work, and it doesn't rely on DNS to work.
                    :: Mark

Comment

My friend read this http://www.parcon.gr/carputer/addons/freenet.pdf first and then you can download and modify any of the skins which are available http://www.parcon.gr/carputer/addons.html

Comment

Working...
                      X