X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse SE vs XLE

Hi !

I only got a few questions...

I allready bought Destinator PN and was wondering if i still have to buy XLE to get the NAV feature? 230$ seems a bit high for just the feature sence I dont need Destinator nor the maps. My phone (HTC TyTN) doesnt support phonecon so I dont need that either.

My thought was to just buy the SE edition and supply my own maps like i do with the trial.

Maybe this question is already answered but the time on the trial is running out.
    Is there a known releasedate so I could bring my VISA

Tx in advance
    /Björn

Originally posted by blizz79 View Post
    My phone (HTC TyTN) doesnt support phonecon so I dont need that either.
    The TyTN (or Cingular 8525 in the US) is fully supported, I have it and it works great with both phoco and phoco integrated in CF. As well the internet works great too, both over Bluetooth and USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Goines View Post
      The TyTN (or Cingular 8525 in the US) is fully supported, I have it and it works great with both phoco and phoco integrated in CF. As well the internet works great too, both over Bluetooth and USB.
      hi goins, i know i will be out of topic but i can t resist to reply.

I am like blizz79. i have difficulties to make my tytn works with phoco.

perhaps you have a tutorial or a good link to explain us .

thank you
      New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
      Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
      Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

i have not had any luck with my 8525 and phonecontrol either, and i tried both the m$ and widdcomm stacks on my phone, wm5 and wm6
        My Install

Software:
        CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
        Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
        StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Oh praise the Lord there are people out there like me!

I too have the Tytn and have not been able to get it to work well with PhoCo at all!! Zoran has not been much help with this one even though the phone is listed as fully supported for PhoCo.

My problem is that as soon as the call connects, it gets dropped.

PLEASE Goines, do tell how you have yours working. Please let us know exactly what model you have (HTC or Cingular) and what ROM and OS you are running...

Alti, did you get the Widcomm stack from Xda-developers site? I thought they never were able to get it to work on the Tytn? It has been awhile though since I was over there.
          My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
            Alti, did you get the Widcomm stack from Xda-developers site? I thought they never were able to get it to work on the Tytn? It has been awhile though since I was over there.
            yep, it works allot better under wm6 then 5, there is a sticky thread over there in the upgrading hermes forum, read through the thread the newest version is slightly buried...

the stereo bluetooth sound is absolutely amazing with the widdcomm stack
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

That's great news... I've been wanting to get Widcomm on my Tytn but I didn't think they ever got it working.

You upgraded to WM6 with Khyphur's app? How do you like it so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                That's great news... I've been wanting to get Widcomm on my Tytn but I didn't think they ever got it working.

You upgraded to WM6 with Khyphur's app? How do you like it so far?
                I used .10 and .20 for about a week, loved .20, I am currently running black addition based on (lsvw?) and after 4 or 5 days of that I think I am going back to Khyphur's, just waiting to see if there a .30 comming out.

Did you SuperCID yours? Prior to all of this wm6 crazyness it took me 3-4 days of reading to get 1.04 bootloader, 3.3 rom and 1.27 radio, man did i sweat doing it too. The 1.27 radio is great, I have read allot of people are going back to it because the newer ones are killing the batt.
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Back on topic guys

David? Where are you?
                  My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                  NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Yeah sorry, we did kind of hijack this thread. Yeah, David, where are you?

Originally posted by alti View Post
                    I used .10 and .20 for about a week, loved .20, I am currently running black addition based on (lsvw?) and after 4 or 5 days of that I think I am going back to Khyphur's, just waiting to see if there a .30 comming out.

Did you SuperCID yours? Prior to all of this wm6 crazyness it took me 3-4 days of reading to get 1.04 bootloader, 3.3 rom and 1.27 radio, man did i sweat doing it too. The 1.27 radio is great, I have read allot of people are going back to it because the newer ones are killing the batt.
                    I am SuperCID'd and bootloader 1.04. I actually did that a few weeks back but then decided to hold off on any kind of ROM or OS upgrade until I started reading feedback about it. I think I'm ready to give it a whirl.

Comment

The problem with my TyTn is that I get an "Application Lock" ERROR.
                      On the phoco site I read something about my phonecompany locking the phones down but it's not a branded but a retail/bulk phone so that couldt be the case.

I googled it and found a site witch holds a couple of ROMs witch would solve my problem. The thing is that the ROM I'm currenty running is in Swedish, and its my company phone so I dont want to "mess" with it.

Is there anyone who could answer the "real" question

/Björn

Comment

Likely only David, who seems to be MIA right now.

Comment

I actually went through a couple of treads and I think I found an answer in the "Centrafuse pricing" thread.

My only consern right now is if the "DEMO" text still would apper on top of the MAP.

/Björn

Comment

Originally posted by blizz79 View Post
                            I actually went through a couple of treads and I think I found an answer in the "Centrafuse pricing" thread.

My only consern right now is if the "DEMO" text still would apper on top of the MAP.

/Björn
                            This will be worked out, we plan to release the SE/XE versions with the same trial of navigation in the current version... If Destinator decides to want us to pull this we will work out a deal to just sell the SDK with no maps, which is much cheaper, it would be like the cost of XE....

but as of now they have not requested this... The maps are the main cost and we have come to find the reason... Navteq charges about 3x for maps if the software can run on a screen larger than 6"... PND devices are all smaller... this is so they don't create competition for the OEM market they already serve, since they supply over 80% of car navigation systems...

So we are working to get a version with just the SDK and you can get the maps on your own for retail and distributors...

david

Comment

I tried to buy online, but cant. How can this be purchased now.
                              New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                              New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                              "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Working...
                              X