New Centrafuse Update, manual install with Debug OBDII version for testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Centrafuse Update, manual install with Debug OBDII version for testing

This is a manual CF update. It includes most all the fixes that will be coming in 1.12

You simply need to close Centrafuse and extract the files in the ZIP file below to the Centrafuse install directory.

This will only work if you are running Centrafuse 1.11!!

http://www.fluxmedia.net/downloads/CFUpdate_Pre112.zip

This also includes the debug OBDII version.

OBDII has the MIL light fixed as well as the reading of the trouble codes.

OBDII also properly reconnects when it resumes from hibernation/standby from any screen.

I also made OBDII only read one sensor, the speed...

If this solves the connection issues then I know it has something to do with the code for get available PID's from the car...

After this I will continue to post just the obdii.dll file until we get it working...

Let me know the results...

david

Hi,

I was one of the people with some OBDII issues, but I can't test this version right now...
    broke my car... will hopefulle buy another one within a week or 2...
    then I will test it and let you know some results...
    really appreciate you're trying to fix OBD for some people...

but for all the people who had this issue: what car are you driving?
    I drive an Opel astra (Vauxhall)

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

ok tried out this update uhhh much much better i am getting results instantly wish the results woudl update alittle faster but i tried seting from 9600 higher but i guess my device dosnt except it not really shure. so if ayhting yea now we knwo what is wrong so cupple of things i wouldnt mind seeing

1.having an option to not see vertain items for instance if i didnt want it to show me fuel trim i could click that and it woudl disbale updating that item.

2.that and maybe if it is posible to have a gauge or gauges to as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by nadforever View Post
        ok tried out this update uhhh much much better i am getting results instantly wish the results woudl update alittle faster but i tried seting from 9600 higher but i guess my device dosnt except it not really shure. so if ayhting yea now we knwo what is wrong so cupple of things i wouldnt mind seeing

1.having an option to not see vertain items for instance if i didnt want it to show me fuel trim i could click that and it woudl disbale updating that item.

2.that and maybe if it is posible to have a gauge or gauges to as an option.
        I plan to add both your requests, the first one working on now...

So in this debug version the only sensor I query for is Speed, 1 sensor... so it should be updating pretty fast...

Everything else should be N/A...

Did you use to have the disconnect issue? If so then that lets me know there is a problem with my supported PID code...

I will work to post a new obdii.dll here shortly for testing...

david

Comment

never had a problem with it disconnecting on its own once it conected it stayed. jstu had a problem with geting numbers to pop up. and update. yes now that it only shows speed i figured it would be preatty fast with jstu one with one of my other obdII programs if i only have one thing it updates fast more then that it gets slower and slower. anywayz
          another question is there an option to get like a DTE (distance till empty) or maybe a few mre things that the everyday person woudl be able to use, cause to be honest thigns liek fuel trim i have no idea what that is sapposed to do for me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by nadforever View Post
            never had a problem with it disconnecting on its own once it conected it stayed. jstu had a problem with geting numbers to pop up. and update. yes now that it only shows speed i figured it would be preatty fast with jstu one with one of my other obdII programs if i only have one thing it updates fast more then that it gets slower and slower. anywayz
            another question is there an option to get like a DTE (distance till empty) or maybe a few mre things that the everyday person woudl be able to use, cause to be honest thigns liek fuel trim i have no idea what that is sapposed to do for me LOL.
            We plan to look into more sensors, but the current ones we chose were the ones more likely to work in most cars... we took the whole list and compared it against what most supported car PID's and came up with that list...

david

Comment

use another odb program if you don't like CF's, as long as your on an OBDII car there's plenty to chose from...

...google OBDII & PC or something similar to that to find more
              My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
              NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by ShawJohn View Post
                use another odb program if you don't like CF's, as long as your on an OBDII car there's plenty to chose from...

...google OBDII & PC or something similar to that to find more
                the point of this thread is to test the CF OBDII to get feedback so I can fix the connection issues...

people can use any other program they want, but keep this thread on topic...

it's to test the debug obdii version I posted...

david

Comment

I'll be able to test it tomorrow night David. I have it on my thumb drive and will drop it into the truck on the way back from the body shop.
                  :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                    I'll be able to test it tomorrow night David. I have it on my thumb drive and will drop it into the truck on the way back from the body shop.
                    Thanks, look forward to seeing if it stays connected now...

david

Comment

And...
                      1. OBD reconnected 3/3 times after a resume from hibernate!!! YAY! I did see it _disconnect_ once after having been reconnected for about 1 minute, but it never happened again during the rest of the hour(ish) of driving.

2. MIL _indicator_ is fixed. (see next point)

3. MIL error codes are slightly broke. I had thrown two codes and CF only showed the first one.

Side points...
                      1. After this update, CF fired up in "First time" mode and wanted a registration. My 1.11 registration code wouldn't work, but I think I saw in another thread that this is a known. I haven't been to the FM site yet to see if there's a new reg code.

Ideas:
                      1. It'd be nice to be able to add our own definitions for Error Codes and modify the current ones. Many manufacturers have their own codes and/or slightly redefine the standard ones. Are these in an Access table?

2. I think it'd be cool to have an option to autoswitch to the OBD module when/if a MIL code is thrown.

THANK YOU DAVID!

Comment

Great news!

Those are some good ideas, I will look into them after I get everything fixed...

I have re-enabled all the sensors now, but added some new functionality to OBDII...

you can now click each sensor and set it to disabled and it will remember after you restart, etc...

this way it will only query the sensors you want it too...

I did overlook the get supported PID code and it looks right, but atleast in the next version if it isn't working a temp fix will be to disable the sensors causing the issue until I fix it...

I will also check on it not getting all the codes...

so I will wrap this up and get onto fixing that XM issue...

also the next release will have a brand new navigation engine, completly different... it includes street names in 3D mode, visible terrain changes in 3D mode, much improved routing engine, support for most all GPS receivers in NMEA or SiRF mode, much better...

one problem though is I might not be able to use the updater to send out the new navigation engine, but it won't change for atleast a year now... It's hot of the press...

It's over 600 new files and folders... I know you will be really upset if I don't get the updater to work and I will see if it works right, but it's so many files and folders...

An upgrade this large might have to warrant a new install, but I'm tracking down all the issues finally...

I will post 1.12, then we will debug XM!

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post

I will post 1.12, then we will debug XM!

david
                          YES!!!!!!!!
                          My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Yay! Glad to see the OBDII issue has been fixed - I was away gambling in Vegas the past few days - but now I am back and am itchin' to get my hands on the new OBDII plugin. Is the whole thing (the one that lets you disable PIDs) available in the update, or do I have to wait for 1.12?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeJew View Post
                              Is the whole thing (the one that lets you disable PIDs) available in the update, or do I have to wait for 1.12?
                              You'll need to wait for the 1.12 release. The update here is a stripped-down test version that David put together to chase a theory or two.

Soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X