Sound Card Compatibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card Compatibility

Do we have a list compiled of sound cards that work with the rear and sub controls of the centrafuse mixer?

I checked the FAQ forum and didn't find anything.
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

It should work with most standard sound cards that use the windows mixer and have the channels labelled Rear and Sub...

david

Comment

Can anyone post their individual results with their current sound configuration. So far I have tested a Sound Blaster Audigy and MII12000 Onboard Sound with no luck.
      EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

I cannot control the Rear/Sub with my Audigy 2, BUT I have kx project drivers installed..

Comment

So it sounds like its an issue with most audigy cards. Anyone else have a pci sound card that works with the mixer?

Comment

Originally posted by hornyleprechaun View Post
            I cannot control the Rear/Sub with my Audigy 2, BUT I have kx project drivers installed..
            kx project drivers for the Audigy 2 NX ?

- Ankur.

Comment

There are no kX drivers for the Audigy NX (USB). Only Audigy 2 ZS (PCI) is working with this drivers (and other pci devices from creative).

Comment

Yeah sorry I have the ZS

Comment

I know someone here must have a working setup with the rear and sub sliders.

Comment

Works fine with most Dell integrated sound cards as well as VIA boards...

I will grab one of these sound cards to find the problem in the mixer code as soon as I get the LONG awaited 1.12

It has held up development and just about everything, but we are about 5 bugs away from getting the new navigation engine finished!

then I can release and get back to normal updates/fixes, get the initial release out, and work on additions that are long awaited as well...

david

Comment

I had a PCI SB Live 5.1 Digital and was dissapointed it did'nt work.

I've now upgraded to a ASROCK P4 I65G motherboard with onboard 5.1 so I could control Rear/Sub and it does'nt work either.

I can control Rear/Sub with sound card mixer so I'll have to wait for the update.

(I think a "Compatibility List" would be very handy)

Comment

Originally posted by spudgunblunder View Post

(I think a "Compatibility List" would be very handy)
                        Agreed... this is essential.

Comment

Working...
                        X