CF video player and NAV in EPIA800

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF video player and NAV in EPIA800

guys, started using a demo of CF yesterday and it works great! think is more stable and got a better desing than RR.

So far, I've been working on a Brazilian Portuguese translation (it's a LOT different from Portugal Portuguese)

But I got some questions for you guys old user of CF:

1 - Will Destinator 6 maps work with CF 1.11?

2 - I think CF uses WMP as the default player, am I right? got the same lags in some heavier videos in CF that I got in WMP.
    Got an EPIA 800 and there's no way to get another EPIA down here. DVD videos and 95% divx play SO fine in Zoom Player just because I can disable the video deinterlacing (the quality drops, but at least I can see it).
    So the real question is: can I use zoom player with CF? If not, how to disable WMP video deinterlacing?

PS: been looking on some skin mods to make it simpler once I'd never use SAT radio, TV and other graeat stuff, but not for my case. I hope that show to be so easy as the translation I'm working in

[]s
    Tigra Clube Brasil

The maps should work with the trial for testing purposes for now...

Centraufse does not use WMP, but usese DirectX, or DirectShow really... This is basically the same thing that WMP does use however so you can compare when it comes to videos...

Audio is completly different and integrated into Centrafuse, including the codecs...

Yous hould be able to enable hardware acceleration in your mpeg2 codec and speed up mpeg2 playback...

I would uninstall every other codec and then just install FFDShow for Divx playback, this will give you better performance and options...

david

Comment

thanks veetid

i got every possible codec installed
      including ffdshow
      using exactly ffdshow with zoomplayer to interlaced video running fine and another combination of codecs to get dvd playback smooth too (but never deinterlaced just because the processor can't handle that much load)
      hardware acceleration is set, but I don't think EPIA 800 got any at all

the problem is that I just can't make directx to use ffdshow as default filter for the video decoding

audio in CF is perfect. the resume feature is great and there's no one thing to complain about that. cover art is nice too

only having "issues" with video and dvd playback and I know it's not CF fault, but some windows issue (that's why I thought CF used WMP)

I'll test the brazilian maps from destinator 6 i've just got

And ask the right place (not here) how to configure Directx to use FFDShow decoder

thanks for the great work and the best frontend IMHO

[]s
      Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

well when I do my installs FFDShow is the only thing I install and Divx playback starts working, so I know it's using it...

I use WinDVD with hardware accel for most Via boards, PowerDVD for other brands usually...

those two are the only thing you need installed...

the more codecs you install the more confused windows gets...

codecs packs are windows destroyers...

david

Comment

I'll try a clean OS install then your tips
          hope that epia 800 can handle the load

once more thanks for the great job and flashing fast replys

[]s
          Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
            You should be able to enable hardware acceleration in your mpeg2 codec and speed up mpeg2 playback...
            Hi David, using WinDVD here on SP13000, how do I do this? I set it in WinDVD software, and WinDVD uses it (the hardware acceleration), utilizing only 40% - 50% of the CPU. But when I play DVD using Centrafuse (or WMP) it seems as if hw acc. is not enabled, as it uses 100% CPU.

Thanks...
            http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

just another question and one confirmation:

the question:
              it there any way of navigating in centrafuse WITHOUT a touchcreen or a full keyboard
              by this I mean a tabbed navigation. so I can use the arroy keys and the enter key to access all its functions. maybe doing the same with a modded mouse wheel (scroll change the focused item and clicking it selects the item)
              It would be VERY useful. Centrafuse is surelly the best frontend, but i just can't get it to work under that conditions. hotkeys work fine, but mapping all the functions requeries LOTS of keys. I've searched in here and found a lot of people asking for it, but no solution. Is there any?

And the confirmation is that Destinator 6 maps worked all fine with embedded navigation. Speech nav works too? (just tested it in the bench).

[]s
              Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
                Hi David, using WinDVD here on SP13000, how do I do this? I set it in WinDVD software, and WinDVD uses it (the hardware acceleration), utilizing only 40% - 50% of the CPU. But when I play DVD using Centrafuse (or WMP) it seems as if hw acc. is not enabled, as it uses 100% CPU.

Thanks...
                should be an option in the settings to work with hardware accell in WinDVD, a checkbox of some kind...

make sure you get hardware accell in WMP... If you can get WMP to work it should work in Centrafuse fine...

I use WinDVD5 with the Via boards, seemed very comptabile... Newer versions did not always work...

david

Originally posted by will_santana View Post
                just another question and one confirmation:

the question:
                it there any way of navigating in centrafuse WITHOUT a touchcreen or a full keyboard
                by this I mean a tabbed navigation. so I can use the arroy keys and the enter key to access all its functions. maybe doing the same with a modded mouse wheel (scroll change the focused item and clicking it selects the item)
                It would be VERY useful. Centrafuse is surelly the best frontend, but i just can't get it to work under that conditions. hotkeys work fine, but mapping all the functions requeries LOTS of keys. I've searched in here and found a lot of people asking for it, but no solution. Is there any?

And the confirmation is that Destinator 6 maps worked all fine with embedded navigation. Speech nav works too? (just tested it in the bench).

[]s

The enter application can be controlled with left/right/up/down/tab/enter keys...

Tab goes between global buttons and the center section that is visible... If their is a listview then tab has a 3rd section to go too... Most sections with listviews focus them by default...

then use the up/down keys to move and highlight all the buttons and hit enter before the highlight goes away...

the only place you use left/right is in the mixer section...

david

Comment

this is just a few things i've noticed so far:

1 - I can't tab navigate or move with arrow keys no more once i load a video file in media library, but mouse still works fine

2 - I can't leave the video full screen mode by pressing any keyborad keys (just mouse clicking once more)

Is it know bugs?

[]s
                  Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by will_santana View Post
                    this is just a few things i've noticed so far:

1 - I can't tab navigate or move with arrow keys no more once i load a video file in media library, but mouse still works fine

2 - I can't leave the video full screen mode by pressing any keyborad keys (just mouse clicking once more)

Is it know bugs?

[]s

have read this, david?

and how do I change the voice in navigation? I've put the brazilian voice pack under the common folder, but don't know where to set centrafuse to use it

[]s
                    Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

You should be able to hit tab or escape when in video to get keyboard control back...

As for the language you will need a language XML file the same name as the folder you put in Common, then select it in General settings to have it set in navigation...

david

Comment

david, can u help me with one more question?

how do I put CF to speak when navigatin?
                        Got it working with the wav files. But brazilian version of Destinator got some missing phrases. Found the full package on my pocket pc, but it's in a different file format. Guess it's for voice sinth. Does CF only works with wav files?

[]s
                        Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

The PC SDK version only works with the wav files...

david

Comment

Working...
                          X