No announcement yet.

CF Skin on Engadget story...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF Skin on Engadget story...

Saw this from over the weekend, shows a Toyota CF skin, but story is just about Toyota...
    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
    Teardown PC [100%]
    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

hey, my skin!

are they in trouble using your skin? You click on it and it takes you to the info, not the site your skin is....

I smell $$
      The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
      CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
      PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
      Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
      The Florida Meets Thread

Originally posted by proximo View Post
        hey, my skin!
        There are a couple comments in that article that say your skin sucks, too...

I also see how oblivious the readers of Engadget are to our little hobby.

Doom in the car? Got it!
        Web browsing in the car? Got it! (Although not while driving, of course!)

Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          Doom in the car? Got it!
          Web browsing in the car? Got it! (Although not while driving, of course!)

I like how you can play Doom but not browse while driving..

lol yeah me too jahntassa

and im suprised by how much they dont know about it too... alot of carpc products show up on engadget
            2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

I made the basic interface of the skin, and posted some images of "finished" photoshop versions. But the actual picture shown in the article is from another version someone else made for RoadRunner i think.

Toyota isn't using anything related to that screenshot.

That was just a stolen pic added to the engadget article by the poster. If you click the picture, it takes you to the source:

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.