Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i control rear and sub

hi,

seen a lot of threads about this, but never saw a clear answer...
    what do i have to do to control my rear, sub levels seperate from my master (front) level.
    i read something about other drivers, but then i read something about these drivers not working that well, ....

so, i want to be able to control front, sub and rear seperatly:

which drivers do i have to install
    how do i change the settings in CF to make it work?

i have this soundcard:
    http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=10702

Greetz
    Dj NRG

There have been reports that some Creative cards Centrafuse cannot control the rear/sub channels...

If your rear/sub channels show up in the Windows mixer, then Centrafuse should be able to control them...

Centrafuse has no sound card specific code, it simply uses the Windows mixer for all audio control...

david

Comment

so, what i have to do is make my sub/rear volumes show in windows mixer?
      that way i will be able to control them in CF?

isn't there another way? make CF get the info from the soundcards audio mixer?

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

just did a little research...

is this what i need (it's an update for the drivers)?

"Speaker settings in Creative Audio Mixer are synchronized with Windows Multimedia setting."

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

Originally posted by Dj-[NRG] View Post
          just did a little research...

is this what i need (it's an update for the drivers)?

"Speaker settings in Creative Audio Mixer are synchronized with Windows Multimedia setting."

Greetz

Dj NRG
          That might work... Again Centrafuse just access the Windows Mixer, which all drivers use to put everything there but newer sound cards are using their own mixers...

Centrafuse does not access different sound card mixers because I would have to have lots of different sound card specific code and you would have to choose your sound card from a drop down, etc...

If all sound card drivers start to remove rear/sub from the Windows Mixer I will look to build some sort of Sound Card interface like the radio modules so users can get their sound cards working, but this will be after the initial release...

david

Comment

I am curious about this too. I have the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Roadie (like the one in the MP3car.com store) and it doesnt show up in the windows mixer either.

Is there a usb sound option that you can recommend that does show up in the windows mixer? Im using a laptop in the trunk. It would have to be usb since I have no pci slots, hehe.

Comment

Working...
            X