• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone utilizing Griffin Powermate?

Hi,

I know there's been some talk in the past to utilize Powermate:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/

I actually got one used and I really like it. I'm using it mainly for music navigation while the full screen is occupied by iGuidance embedded in Centrefuse.

I don't think it's possible but it's probably worth asking. Would it be possible to set different settings when it's in different window? For example, if I'm on iGuidance, I can set the buttons differently than say, if I'm in the music library screen?

Thanks.

Originally posted by htsource View Post
    Hi,

I know there's been some talk in the past to utilize Powermate:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/

I actually got one used and I really like it. I'm using it mainly for music navigation while the full screen is occupied by iGuidance embedded in Centrefuse.

I don't think it's possible but it's probably worth asking. Would it be possible to set different settings when it's in different window? For example, if I'm on iGuidance, I can set the buttons differently than say, if I'm in the music library screen?

Thanks.
    Ive got one and use it only in its global mode. I have volume, press for mute, long press is right click, press and scroll is up arrow/scroll and down arrow/scroll.

While you can set it to perform different functions in different programs, the program needs to be the frontmost app. With CF, I am not sure if the powermate will be able to see the other apps inside of CF itself, as CF will most likely be the active app at all times.

For me, I really wouldnt want it any other way than I have it. Clicking up and down to adjust the volume isn't for me... I always fiddle with the volume level and need the dedicated knob to keep me happy. :-)

Comment

You're right, only the "Frontend" app is controlable by Powermate. So I can only assign 6 shortcuts for the whole CF app.

So far I have mapped music navigation and it works pretty good. I no longer has to look down to skip a song, just turn the thing and it's so cool the control is mounted in the center console.

The input volume is so low I have to crack up the TabletPC to max so no need to fiddle with the computer volume! But what a cool knob and the blue light is pretty cool, although I'd like to dim it down a bit as it's pretty bright at night

Comment

Originally posted by htsource View Post
        although I'd like to dim it down a bit as it's pretty bright at night
        I beleive that there is an option in its application that enables you to control the light's intensity.

Sometimes the powermate disconnects alone, i have to unplug/replug it while driving. anyone faced this problem? any solution?

I first though that it was due to the hub's PSU. I installed the CNX-P5V and still face this problem some times.
        VIA EN15000 C7 // CTF700 7" Screen // Morex 3688 Black Case
        M2-ATX // 80GB HD
        DVD-RW // PowerMate
        Belkin Bluetooth V1.2 // Hauppauge WinTV FM

Centrafuse RC5

JBL GTO 75.4 520W // Pionneer Kevlar 260w Speakers

Comment

Mine seems to work fine with hibernation/standby, although it's plugged into a USB 1.1 hub.

Comment

Working...
          X