Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! The Map shows approx 100 meters behind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! The Map shows approx 100 meters behind...

When using navigagion in Centrafuse, what I see on the map is approx 100 meters behind where I'm actually driving. Example: When I pass a sideroad, on the map I actually reach this road after approx 100 meters.

I've tested with another navigation program, and there everything seems fine.

How can I solve this problem???

Destinator can have some delay, but 100 meters seems like a lot...

anyone else having this issue?

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
      Destinator can have some delay, but 100 meters seems like a lot...

anyone else having this issue?

david
      Can't say for sure if it's 100 meters, but it seems TOO much if you should drive in a big city with crowded streets and lots of turnings. The deleay I'm experience now is that much that I believe it will make me miss where to turn.

And as mentioned earlier it's quite a differece compared to other navigation programs.

It's not satisfying. It's a shame, as I finally found a Frontend that I really like, exept from this and that I quite can't figure out how transfer the phonesound (both listening and speaking) from my Sony Ericsson k700i (I can see when it calls and so on, but there's no sound???)

Comment

I have the same issue with phonecontrol and haven't had ANY luck on their forums about it.

Are you using a serial port splitter for your GPS or is it a straight connection? What GPS device?

Comment

Lag when using destinator

I am getting the same problem with the destinator navigator; it is very slow to update where the car is and is definitely trailing behind by an unacceptable amount.
          Life moves fast, so don't get left behind, buy a fast car!

Comment

I had this problems in one of the older CF versions with a borrowed GPS, then in the succeeding version it was fixed and then broke again for good in the version after again. Then I got my own GPS of another brand, no problems.

Same OS, gps driver etc in all attempts.
            /SOS/
            XP Pro, CF 2.0-newest| Pioneer HU with 7" flip-out (EQ, Surround)
            Epia V10000 + nVidia FX5200, Opus 150w, 7" Lilliput, DVD* SlotIn, Wavelan, Bluetooth, GPS, WebCams, DVB-T

Comment

Same problem here!

Comment

Drive slower?

Hhaha, but I don't have any of the GPS delay with the bu-353. What receivers do you guys have?

Comment

I too have a bu353 and are getting the problem, however GPSinfo etc... all work fine, so it must be destinator causing the issue, or just taking that long to update.

Comment

Gps

I have the problem but only with my Bluetooth GPS, my cable one is fine.

Comment

It seems better when the map is in 2D mode, so maybe destinator requires more CPU power than my M10000 can provide, if thats the case I'm not impressed.

David any views on this, as you badge centrafuse as only requiring a 1Ghz processor and 256MB RAM, and I have a 1Ghz processor and 1GB of DDR

Comment

I have a 1.4 Centrino laptop with 512MB ram with the same problem.

Comment

mine too

Mine seems a little behind also with a cabled GPS. Also When I use voice guidance the boice breaks up a little when it 1st starts to give a direction. I have the M10000 with 1 GB or ram. XP slightly tuned for perf.

John

Comment

I use to the m10k with 512mb ram and it works fine. As GPS runs at 1hz (1 update per second) it's always going to be slightly behind. (If that's a problem, read up on dead reckong Gps modules)Mine is always 1/2 a seoncd or so behind, but never so far being that I miss turns etc. How many sats are you guys getting when you're having these problems? Typically I'm locked on to 10 or 11 but occasionally dip down to 6 or so.

FYI at 100kmh, a one second delay correlates to about 30 metres or so. The slower you go, the less of an erro you will get.

Also have you tried using Xport, creating a virtual port and pointing centrafuse at the virtual port to see if there any change?
                            I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

I have good satellite lock, between 8-11 sats at any time. I also get the slight break up on voice prompts racerx9146 mentioned. This is the first time I have been able to test the GPS on centrafuse as the maps have not been available, and at the moment it seems to not work very well.

David any comment on this as I expected this to work well for the 165 I just spent on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X