Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Hibernation is not working properly...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP! Hibernation is not working properly...

    I've upgraded from CF 1.14 to CF 1.2. Everything worked great in 1.14. Turn the car on - the pc starts. Turn the car off - the pc hibernates. After the update here is what's going on: turn the car on - pc starts; turn the car off - nothing. The pc does not hibernates. Turn the car on again - the pc starts to hibernate and in the middle of the process it restarts. In the settings it set to hibernate. The jumper is set to mode 2 (5sec/2hour). I don't know if it is the CF's 1.2 problem or not but it worked great in CF 1.14.

    P.S. If I set the jumper to mode 1 (5sec/45sec) then when the car is turned off the pc will start to hibernate for about 10 seconds. Then it will start to restarting and will eventually shut down after the black Windows XP screen is shown.

  • #2
    maybe it's a problem with some setting in your bios... something called "reboot on power loss" or something?
    not an expert, but it's worth looking what that setting is set to...

    Greetz

    Dj NRG

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dj-[NRG] View Post
      maybe it's a problem with some setting in your bios... something called "reboot on power loss" or something?
      not an expert, but it's worth looking what that setting is set to...

      Greetz

      Dj NRG

      Thanks, I'll look into that. Any idea what it should be?

      Comment


      • #4
        I think it should be set to not to reboot...

        Greetz

        Dj NRG

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dj-[NRG] View Post
          I think it should be set to not to reboot...

          Greetz

          Dj NRG

          Yes, that's what I have it set to. By the way, I haven't changed any settings when I upgraded from 1.14 to 1.2 and everything worked fine in 1.14.

          David, do you have any ideas?

          Comment


          • #6
            I had this same problem in 1.2.
            My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
              I had this same problem in 1.2.
              Were you able to fix it?

              Comment


              • #8
                Unfortunately no. And it was one of several reasons that I ditched Centrafuse.
                My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

                Comment


                • #9
                  Have you tried changing the igntion off action in CF to none, closing out, restarting and changing it back to hibernate?

                  Also check what settings windows itself has. I believe changing the settings in CF just changes the windows settings.

                  Control Panel > Display > Screen Saver Tab > Power > Advanced Tab > Power Settings > Check what it says in the drop down box under "Do the following when I press the power button"
                  I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NiSlo View Post
                    Have you tried changing the igntion off action in CF to none, closing out, restarting and changing it back to hibernate?

                    Also check what settings windows itself has. I believe changing the settings in CF just changes the windows settings.

                    Control Panel > Display > Screen Saver Tab > Power > Advanced Tab > Power Settings > Check what it says in the drop down box under "Do the following when I press the power button"

                    In windows it is set hibernate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just trying out Centrafuse for the forst time, and my version 1.2 also has this problem. It is not a windows or hardware problem, cos it was working fine in road runner.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rtaxerxes View Post
                        Just trying out Centrafuse for the forst time, and my version 1.2 also has this problem. It is not a windows or hardware problem, cos it was working fine in road runner.
                        I am having a similar problem with CF and hibernation. Every 5th reboot the computer will start to come back from hibernation and when it is done, it will randomly reboot, which restarts my computer.

                        Now I am positive this is a problem with CF because I started using RR and the problem has stopped. I have started my car roughly 25 times and have yet to have a problem with it reloading from hibernation.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X