Clear All

• CF used in $2 million car

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/63/
    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
    Teardown PC [100%]
    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Just read that -- was just about to post the same thing.

They don't even credit centrafuse! Ripoff!

David, go bust some ... you know what!

Comment

Yeah, pretty messed up, and very obvious that it is CF. I looked through that article for it and no mention of any Flux or CF stuff - lame! They could at least create a different skin so it doesn't look like CF, how lazy!
      Carputer Progress:

Teardown PC [100%]

Comment

You know, there is something called Enterprise Solutions at the Flux Media website. "... opportunity to customize Centrafuse for their brand."

Comment

We work with Azentek, nothing was done wrong here...

david

Comment

What hardware is it their using? That head unit looks pretty sharp. There are several out that look like that, but none with reasonable displays.
            Nick - 08 GG Element
            Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by ik632 View Post
              What hardware is it their using? That head unit looks pretty sharp. There are several out that look like that, but none with reasonable displays.
              I can't say anything about the hardware... It will be posted on their site soon I'm sure, or you can email them and ask them...

david

Comment

I asked because the headunit that they are using looks nice and integrated. As a current CentraFuse customer I'd love to test one of those out when they are available
                Nick - 08 GG Element
                Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

it should be a nice unit... hopefully they will get it finished one of these days

david

Comment

It's an all-in-one device without any separate boxes. Full internal WiFi, Dolby Digital 5.1, Intel Core Duo processor, 1 gig memory upgradeable to 2 gigs, 120gb hard drive, internal bluetooth, GPS, pc card slot, multiple USB ports, and more!

I'll get some of the latest details up on the web site today.

Also, regarding the comments above, we have been working with David and the guys at Flux however at this time we have not yet decided 100% which front-end software to use, or to use our own. For now, we have changed the photos on our site to show our own software until we have made a final decision.

If there are any more questions, feel free to let me know!

Comment

Questions, questions,...

Originally posted by AzentekPete View Post
                      If there are any more questions, feel free to let me know!
                      Yes ;-) When will it be available, what will it cost and where can i get one? Ah, and is this a 3rd party product labeled by you, or is it designed and manufactured by your own?

That's it for now :-)

Greets,

mtn

Comment

Hi morten,

To answer your questions...

1) Availability - We'll begin fulfilling pre-orders late this year (November/December) and it should be fully launched (readily available) at the beginning of the year

2) Dealers - It will be available at retailers across the country as well as from a couple of "select" authorized online e-tailers. MSRP is $2499.

3) Design/Manufacturing - This product was designed 100% from the ground-up by us. It is our design and is an exclusive product that will only be found on the market from us.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that this is only the first product of our full line of in-car PC products. New models will be debuted for the first time at this coming SEMA (end of October).

Any other questions, let me know!

Also, I'm sorry that I didn't get the updated specs up on our web site yesterday. It will have to wait until Tuesday when I'm back in the office and can get on there.

Comment

@AzentekPete
                          could you please be so kind and explain how your Company will handle the startup time of the system? As it seems to be based on Windows I am afraid you also struggle with the fact that the startup time of Windows is much higher then every other "Car Multimedia" Equipment.

Comment

When the ignition is turned off, the unit goes to sleep rather than turning off completely. That allows for the unit to quickly turn back on when the vehicle is started again - without going through the bootup sequence.

We have integrated a custom-designed power management system that allows the unit to sleep, while only drawing the same amount of power that a typical car radio uses to keep the clock and memory presets - so there are no worries about having a dead battery.

Comment

Is that a transflective screen, or just super bright?
                              Carputer Progress:

Teardown PC [100%]

Comment

Working...
                              X