Reverse Cam autoswitch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Cam autoswitch?

I will be using carbuttons to hotkey to the cam screen when it detects the reverse light. However is there any way to swich back to whatever screen i was on before?

IE show the cam when it detects reverse signal, and switch back when signal is removed.

Thanks

i remember a day when David talked about a possibility of using parallele port to switch cam...
    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

yes, there is a hotkey for switch to CAM and another hotkey for switching to Previous Section...

david

Comment

is there no way to swich back when the hotkey is released?

Comment

not currently... you should be able to detect power on the line and send a hotkey and detect the release and send another...

david

Comment

can you explain a bit clearer for me?so i get power and ground from reverse light and hook up to carbuttons on gnd/an1. and how do i set it up in centrafuse to go to the cam. the site is down so i can't read anything. also you said about detecting a release. how would i do that? hook up gnd/power of reverse light in reverse polarity on carbuttons? (i.e. power -> gnd on carbuttons and gnd -> an2?)

Comment

Originally posted by moto_noob View Post
              can you explain a bit clearer for me?so i get power and ground from reverse light and hook up to carbuttons on gnd/an1. and how do i set it up in centrafuse to go to the cam. the site is down so i can't read anything. also you said about detecting a release. how would i do that? hook up gnd/power of reverse light in reverse polarity on carbuttons? (i.e. power -> gnd on carbuttons and gnd -> an2?)
              I did a quick search for carbuttons and the link to the vendor appears to be dead. Do you have a link for any more info? I would be very interested in installing such a device.

Edit: It's still there, just drop the .html

http://www.madhacker.org/carbuttons

Pricy...
              monkey stole my pen

My Worklog

Comment

nah, i don't have any links. i don't have the carbuttons. but if i know how to work it, it'll probably try to search it somewhere.

Comment

I'm still trying to find a similar solution. I want to monitor +12v from reverse and also for the dimmer and then switch to reverse automatically, and adjust screen brightness when I turn my lights on/off. Are there any good solutions out there? The FB seams like it could do it but requires a bunch of programming to get it to work and then there isn't a hot key for screen brightness.
                  Nick - 08 GG Element
                  Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                  X