Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Library Slow...

Hi all,

Decided to try out Centrafuse (1.43) to see how I got on with it. Very impressed, with the exception of the media library. It's running slowly, and I mean really slowly. I've had no other performance problems; CPU is a 2GHz C7 and it's been running smoothly for navigation, and audio/video under roadrunner as well.

When browsing folders in CF, if I select a folder with music in then CF freezes for a few minutes, then will let me load all the music quite happily. Moving between tracks using the buttons at the bottom seems to take a while too - sometimes up to a minute.

Has anyone else had these issues, and where do I start with trying to find the cause?

Regards,

Scott
    SB

"The gene pool could use a little chlorine..."

Sounds like anytime its seeking off the HDD is slow. Maybe.. Im just guessing here.

How are data transfers outside centrafuse? Normal?
    Check to make sure DMA is enabled on your drive.

Again im just guessing here but thats the process of elimination.

And if you cant fix it.. Who cares.. I think that 2JZ more than makes up for any slowness in your car..

Comment

I've never had any problems with transferring large files - for example syncing my media library - or with performance under road runner, so I can't see as the HD is the cause. UDMA is also definately enabled

And if you cant fix it.. Who cares.. I think that 2JZ more than makes up for any slowness in your car..
      SB

Comment

I have also problems with the media library since tested the 1.43 version.
        I didn't have latency in the previous versions when I was clicking on a folder in
        the library but now strangely I have. It's not minutes but seconds. Previously when I
        clicked I was inside every music folder at once .

Comment

I think the later versions are quitte slower....

I might revert back to 1.2 , i dont know if my license is going to beserk if i keep instaling again???
          Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
          http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by coucouillu View Post
            I have also this problem.

I happends since 1.4X versions.
            And you have Jetway 2.0 so it must be the software thats not optimized.

I hope 1.5 version can bring my smile back
            Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
            http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

Seems where breaking more **** than fixing past few months.. I've got bout 4-5 months till my car comes outta winter storage...

Heres hoping for it all being cleared up by then.

Comment

I also have one of the 2.0GHz C7 Jetway boards....
                SB

Comment

not had this issue, most all issues have been resolved in 1.44 and last couple I have fixed in 1.45...

the speed issue was mainly a visualization issue that was fixed in 1.44...

I will look into this Media Library issue... Does anyone have an error.log to post about this issue?

Is it only with the album art view?

david

Comment

It seems like the problem comes from the "FOLDER TAG READING"

Disable "FOLDER TAG READING" in "Settings/AUDIO-VIDEO" and try again and post again. here or there.
                    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

Thanks for the tip, i'll check it and send you feedbacks

Comment

Originally posted by coucouillu View Post
                        It seems like the problem comes from the "FOLDER TAG READING"

Disable "FOLDER TAG READING" in "Settings/AUDIO-VIDEO" and try again and post again. here or there.
                        What exactly does that do anyways? I always wondered.

Comment

this determines whether it reads the tags when browsing by folder or if it just shows the file names...

So everyone with slower media browsing, are you using the music folders option or artist/album sections?

I did update the tag reading code and add supported for more formats, fixed a bunch of APE tag reading issues, and improved some of the ID3 reading code...

when browsing not by music folders it is reading from the database, this should not have changed in performance... when browsing music folders with tag reading turned on it reads the tags as you browse, when disabled it just shows the filenames and this would be faster...

help me determine what issue everyone is having and I will get it fixed up...

david

Comment

Ok I guess ill start.

I have Folder Tag Reading on (Depite not knowing what it did untill now)

I Don't use Folder Browsing but i did test it and I thought the speed was fine.
                            My Slow downs are using coverart. Which is the way i typically browse.

Comment

Working...
                            X