No announcement yet.

Getting rid of the CF startup warnings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of the CF startup warnings?

Is there a way that I can get rid of those annoying startup warnings that pop up right when you start CF? When I used hibernation, it would just bypass that part, but now that I booting windows normally, I have to click through them every time I start my car.

removing warning message

Set CF to _not_ run as the shell

Click on Start | Run

Enter "regedit", hit ENTER

Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Note the data element "Shell". It should currently be set to "Explorer.exe"

Modify the data element "Shell" to be:
    "{your install drive}\{cf install directory}\centrafuse.exe" -nowarning -nolimit

If you installed CF with at the default location, it would end up looking like:

"C:\Program Files\Flux Media\Centrafuse\centrafuse.exe" -nowarning -nolimit

Close regedit

Cross your fingers, Reboot, and keep your finger's crossed!

Comment

no reason for any of that...

just change your shortcut on your desktop to:

"C:\Program Files\Flux Media\Centrafuse\centrafuse.exe" -nowarning -nolimit

this is of course for testing only and you should follow any laws in your state or country regarding video playback and functionality in front of the driver...

if you do want to use run as shell just enabled it after Centrafuse is running with the above parameters, it will auto add everything to the registry for you...

if you have this in your startup folder make sure the above options are set in that shortcut as well...

david

Comment

is it also possible to enable setting a new route while driving??
        It's quite annoying when you're on the highway in need of the nearest gasstation and have to pull over (forbidden) to enter your search. or similar with finding a restaurant or when you decided to change your destination...

Comment

Originally posted by DbXL View Post
          is it also possible to enable setting a new route while driving??
          It's quite annoying when you're on the highway in need of the nearest gasstation and have to pull over (forbidden) to enter your search. or similar with finding a restaurant or when you decided to change your destination...
          the -nolimit gets rid of this... we took this from the most strict regulations we found in the states...

if you are testing or this is allowed in your state/region, then use -nolimit

david

Comment

Working...
          X