External apps supported in CF demo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External apps supported in CF demo?

I am trying to evaluate launching an external app in CF demo before I purchase to be sure it will work. I am trying to launch AEM EMS to monitor my standalone ECU. I can't find any documentation or settings to configure external apps. I could only find the shortcuts (ctrl-shift-F1,etc.). Are external app launches only supported with the full version?

I also tried alt-tabbing to Windows to launch in the background (what I currently do in Media Engine), and it can't open the serial port? Is there something in CF locking all the comm ports?

I'd love to hear from someone who may already have this working...

Can someone tell me how to configure launching external apps in the demo? I'd really like to evaluate this before I buy it...

All the features so far look great. It's so polished compared to the MediaEngine setup I've been using for the past couple of years.

Comment

This thread covers how to do it: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...lications.html
      Life moves fast, so don't get left behind, buy a fast car!

Comment

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Comment

Ok, exernal apps are now launching, however I can't open a comm port (the AEM EMS interfaces on comm 1) unless it was already open before launching CF. Does CF lock or monitor the comm ports, and if so, how can I disable that? I've gone through all the various module settings and I can't find anything that is configured for comm 1.

Comment

Anyone? I'd like to buy CF before the demo expires, but I have no idea why it won't release Comm 1.

Comment

Go to Settings, then to Navigation, go to last page of nav settings, and select "None" as nav engine. By default, I think Destinator will use COM1. Give this a try...
              http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

Thanks, that seems to work. I just bought it!

Comment

Working...
                X