• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Flow for CF

Is it possible to add album cover flow (like in iTunes) in CF

Yes, write a plugin for it.
    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

I tried out the cover flow on iTunes in the car while driving and it was pretty much impossible to control the flow with a touchscreen. If your using a device other than a touchscreen (i.e. Powermate or SpaceNavigator) then it'll probably be ok but other than that I see no good use for it in the car.
      02' JETTA 1.8T | WORKLOG ALBUM

Comment

would love to have this feature

Comment

i have used itunes..its much easy to switch albums..than the centrafuse library

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyflip View Post
            I tried out the cover flow on iTunes in the car while driving and it was pretty much impossible to control the flow with a touchscreen. If your using a device other than a touchscreen (i.e. Powermate or SpaceNavigator) then it'll probably be ok but other than that I see no good use for it in the car.
            ?? I find it hard to believe that it would be impossible to control the flow with a touchscreen... the exact interface it was designed for (Iphone? Ipod TOUCH maybe?).

Itunes' and Leopard's "coverflow" is not the same as the Iphone/Ipod Touch's anyway. It's meant to be navigated with the scrollbar on the bottom.
            My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

I'm in the process of writing a coverflow plugin. It is using "simple" image manipulation, so no 3d acceleration, and performance should therefore be good.
              System Developer

Comment

sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                  ?? I find it hard to believe that it would be impossible to control the flow with a touchscreen... the exact interface it was designed for (Iphone? Ipod TOUCH maybe?).

Itunes' and Leopard's "coverflow" is not the same as the Iphone/Ipod Touch's anyway. It's meant to be navigated with the scrollbar on the bottom.
                  I was talking about when you're actually driving and not just sitting in the car. I found it much easier to use the current media interface than the coverflow view in iTunes. It took too much concentration for me to find an album and play it. I felt like it took to much of my attention away from driving. This is just my opinion.
                  02' JETTA 1.8T | WORKLOG ALBUM

Comment

I have the coverflow part working, but I do not know how to integrate it with the CF player.

Can any of you give me some suggestions to what should happend when?

Which covers should be shown, and what to do when the cover is clicked?

System Developer

Comment

looks awesome... great work

i would like to see larger covers though, those shown above will be small in the car on the 7"...

when you click an album, i would like to see a dialogbox with tracklist and buttons to add album or selected tracks to current playlist or play direct...

just my 2 cents

Comment

Great work, can't wait to see it in action!

I think what marazi suggested makes sense.

Perhaps you could even get rid of the scroll forward/backward arrows, which would provide more room to expand the size of the covers; then, if you want to scroll the covers forward or backward, just click on the appropriate side of the flow... not sure if I explained that last part properly.
                        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

add a reference to the new cfplugin.dll in the latest Centrafuse 1.47, I added methods you can use...

int startindex = 0;
                          ArrayList listarray = new ArrayList();

listarray.Add(new CFControls.skinListboxItem("list item text 1","list item full path 1",-1,false));
                          listarray.Add(new CFControls.skinListboxItem("list item text 2","list item full path 1",-1,false));

if(this.CF_checkFormat("filename to check format", CFTools.ExtensionType.Pictures))
                          this.CF_loadMediaPlaylist(((CFControls.skinListbox Item[])listarray.ToArray(typeof(CFControls.skinListboxIt em))), startindex, true);
                          else
                          this.CF_loadMediaPlaylist(((CFControls.skinListbox Item[])listarray.ToArray(typeof(CFControls.skinListboxIt em))), startindex, false);

david

Comment

gr8 work djerik...just plz make the cover arts bigger..so it will be easy to navigate while driving too...and how about an option for full screen

Comment

Originally posted by marazi View Post
                              looks awesome... great work

i would like to see larger covers though, those shown above will be small in the car on the 7"...

when you click an album, i would like to see a dialogbox with tracklist and buttons to add album or selected tracks to current playlist or play direct...

just my 2 cents
                              What album covers should be shown? Should there be a slide for each directory containing a image? What about directories without a image? And where to find the directories? Should it just be a recursive run starting in one directory? Should there be a text showing the name of the album? And where should it be?
                              System Developer

Comment

Working...
                              X