Microphone, which should I use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone, which should I use?

I think I read that a standard microphone is no good, that it is better to go with a bluetooth mic for voice recognition. Any reason why? Also will this be affected since my GPS and phone also use bluetooth?

Also how does recogntion work, do you hit a button, or simply speak into the air? I know with voice command on my phone i had to hit a button to activate it.

PS: Do I have to buy a bluetooth mic? I have several bluetooth headseats, can I simply use one of those as a mic?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

you can try with a mic or any of your bluetooth headsets to see how things work... the mic issue is just when using radio buffering, this will select the sound card input away from mic so the commands cannot be heard...

there is no current button, but it uses a keyword system, "computer" must be said before each command, so you just speak and it should work... you can edit all these commands under the voice tab...

we are working to upgrade the system to a new voice engine, as well as add a button to make it work a little better...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
      you can try with a mic or any of your bluetooth headsets to see how things work... the mic issue is just when using radio buffering, this will select the sound card input away from mic so the commands cannot be heard...

there is no current button, but it uses a keyword system, "computer" must be said before each command, so you just speak and it should work... you can edit all these commands under the voice tab...

we are working to upgrade the system to a new voice engine, as well as add a button to make it work a little better...

david
      I actually like it the way it is, I found the button push on voice command irratating.... but if I use a bluetooth headset, will I still have the just say a command word feature?...
      So all I have to do is leave radio buffering off?
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Well, I know little to nothing about the forthcoming integrated phone solution, but I do know from extensive testing on other systems that in order to avoid a horribly annoying delay in the conversation between you and the other party, your microphone must be on the same soundcard as your speakers. This means no USB mic nor BT mic if you want to have a manageable phone conversations due to the latency introduced by having your mic acting as its own sound card.

David, I again don't know anything about the new phone solution, but you may want to consider this in the sound engine design.
        My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Working...
        X