X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phone Software

Hi David,

Any news on this new phone software? I'm very excited

still working on it... it will be atleast another 2-3 weeks before an initial beta...

david

Comment

David,

Just curious, will the new phone module rely on a Windows desktop BT stack (i.e. Broadcom, BlueSoleil, MS, etc) or will it be CF's own stack?

I hope that the answer is CF's own stack, because Windows Mobile phones have a serious bug with the Broadcom BT stack where the phone auto-answers on the first ring when using Broadcom's HF profile. And unfortunately, Broadcom's stack is the only Windows stack with a HF profile.

Anyway, I know SD uses their own stack, so hopefully CF will too?
      My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

we will be including a stack that is a windows stack, not Broadcomm... We have had them working on a custom build with full HFP support and it works much better than Broadcomm...

good progess... all of setup is complete, searching for devices, pairing, storing paired deviecs, and we are transfering audio and connecting over the HFP profile...

working on the events, integrating the GUI into Centrafuse, dialing, and reading contacts...

hope to have a test version out within a couple of weeks at best...

david

Comment

running a bit behind schedule? Will you be able to read sms, send sms similar to the current phone feature?

Comment

little bit behind schedule... the hardest part was getting the stack and building the communication layer though, which is done...

hoping to have SMS on phones that support this over the HFP, we do not plan to add SPP initially because it is a nightmare for compatbility and locked phones, etc...

david

Comment

David, I'm curious to know what mic(s) you're using during testing and which have good results. I've been beta testing another standalone bluetooth solution which is based on the Handsfree profile as well, and all works very well EXCEPT for the fact that the other party hears alot of noise on their end unless I'm using an expensive noise canceling mic.
              My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                David, I'm curious to know what mic(s) you're using during testing and which have good results. I've been beta testing another standalone bluetooth solution which is based on the Handsfree profile as well, and all works very well EXCEPT for the fact that the other party hears alot of noise on their end unless I'm using an expensive noise canceling mic.
                Can I ask what phone solutions you are testing? I wouldnt mind trying an assortment of different ones to see which work best

Comment

what's the status, and I have a small request. My moto Q was never supported in PhoCo, is there anyway to get it working with the new software?
                  "Toilets scare the crap of of me..."

Comment

working hard on the the new phone solution, here is an update...

all setup is completed, searching for devices, pairing, setting default devices, removing paired devices...

it will poll for the closest paired device in range and auto connection...

hibernation/stanby issues have been resolved...

incoming call notifications are working as well as dialing and placing outgoing calls...

battery and signal status has been added...

can use integrated vCard importer in Phone settings to store phone book entries in Centrafuse, also inside Phone you can do an OBEX contact push to Centrafuse...

You can manually place outgoing calls with dialpad or use imported contacts...

still working to read contacts and look into SMS messaging over the HFP, also trying to fix some caller ID issues and call waiting, 3-way calling...

Currently we have tested with the following phones.. Every phone we have tested has worked..

HTC 8900 WM6
                    Sony Ericsson T630
                    Sony Ericson Z310a
                    Nokia 6230i
                    Motorola V551
                    Motorola V600
                    Apple iPhone
                    LG CE110

Comment

sounds great
                      keep up the good work

Comment

<rubs hands together and cackles madly in anticipation>
                        PDP1170/TRS80/Atari800XL/Amiga500/286/486/P2/P4/C2D/i7 still a newb (but an old newb, been doing this a while) working my way up to "Complete Newb"

Comment

Will there be support fo Nokia N95 (N95 8GB)?

Comment

Beat Test

can we beta test this for you and provide feedback for the different phones we have? I would like to test my Moto Q and my friends Razor. I think it would help the process along and help you as well since it will free up some of your time.
                            "Toilets scare the crap of of me..."

Comment

waiting until we get to our first external testing point... should be soon...

want to get the caller ID fixed and do some cleanup and will then start testing before we finish the contract SMS...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X