Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator Volume Too Faint

Hi,

I just started using Destinator today and the volume is too low. Even with the volume maxed on my headunit, the lady's voice is very faint with respect to other noises. The rest of Centrafuse such as the button beeps and music are normal. The windows and centrafuse volume levels are both maxed out (I use my headunit to control volume). Ive searched and messed around with all the settings, but cant seem to find a solution.

On a side note, does anyone know how to be able to add/change destinations while the car is in motion without the nag screen?

Ideas are welcome, thanks.

Have a look here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...47-update.html

There's a variable in Settings.xml that needs changing.

Comment

Sweet, thanks. That would explain why my wave out is automatically set down very low (but doesnt go back up) everytime the voice speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
        On a side note, does anyone know how to be able to add/change destinations while the car is in motion without the nag screen?
        This should help:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1027820-post15.html
        :: Mark

Comment

Ok I edited the system.xml file with the new parameter. Destinator doesnt turn my wave volume down anymore, but the volume of the navigation voice is still unaudible and very faint compared to the rest of the music/system sounds.

Unfortunately I am having other issues with Desinator too. It increases my resume from hibernation times by ~10s and occasionally locks the system up when I press "Menu" or "Where to". I think Im going back to iGuidance =(

Thanks anyways, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
            Ok I edited the system.xml file with the new parameter. Destinator doesnt turn my wave volume down anymore, but the volume of the navigation voice is still unaudible and very faint compared to the rest of the music/system sounds.
            This is a known problem, it got reported over in the main thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...date-2.html#38
            :: Mark

Comment

Hmm, as i used my old Destinator 6 maps on CF the sound is very well, only with the new Destinator 7 maps from my PDA (Asus P750) the voice is now very slow. But i use my PDAs with TOMTOM, that is more gentle and much easier to use - as CF and Destinator.

Some thinks in the Destinator Engine that is integrated in CF is takes getting used to..
              the only one tested easy use navi Software for PCs is Travelbook 4/5 i think, but this is many years ago.

But: the Destinator Engine and CF becomes always better :-)

btw: when it comes the Exchange Email Push functionality :-) ? ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X