Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Temperature Display

Hi all!

I'm planning my carPC installation and, having elected CF as my frontend software, I'm realizing that it does not have any support for external temperature sensors! How could be it ?!
    Every car has such kind of information and I cannot believe that a CarPC installation could not provide the same information.

I've searched the forums and found a very old thread in which the argument was discussed (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...al+temperature), but as far as I understand no final statement was done.

Is there any chance that Fluxmedia (or someone else!) provide support for the most diffused temp sensors, like the K145 kit from KitsRus or FusionBrain ?

The temperature reading should be placed on the upper panel where it can be read anytime, like the clock. Could this be done within a (specialized) plugin?

Thanks for your comments.

I'm currently writing a Phidgets plugin if this is helpful for you.

Right now, CF isn't capable of embedding other information on the home screen, so you always have to switch to the plugin. This may change in a future release.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Thanks, Zorro, for your useful reply.

Maybe I'll have to embed the part of the plugin code which reads the sensor into the CarDash plugin I'm thinking of, if you'll allow it.

The CarDash plugin I'm thinking of should presents all the useful information normally displayed in a OEM system, like for example: time, date, ext. temp, int. temp, currently playing music, a few info coming from OBD, maybe tires info and eventually some GPS info (route, turns, etc, but I don't know if this is feasible). The plugin should have a few buttons to allow to go directly into some other functions of Centrafuse (Music, Navi, ecc.).

I had to think about the CarDash becuase of the limitation in the main menu of Centrafuse: it would be very cool if the main screen of Centrafuse could be personalized!

When do you think the Phidgets plugin will be ready ?

Thanks.
      Diego.-

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaBi View Post
        Thanks, Zorro, for your useful reply.

Maybe I'll have to embed the part of the plugin code which reads the sensor into the CarDash plugin I'm thinking of, if you'll allow it.

The CarDash plugin I'm thinking of should presents all the useful information normally displayed in a OEM system, like for example: time, date, ext. temp, int. temp, currently playing music, a few info coming from OBD, maybe tires info and eventually some GPS info (route, turns, etc, but I don't know if this is feasible). The plugin should have a few buttons to allow to go directly into some other functions of Centrafuse (Music, Navi, ecc.).

I had to think about the CarDash becuase of the limitation in the main menu of Centrafuse: it would be very cool if the main screen of Centrafuse could be personalized!

When do you think the Phidgets plugin will be ready ?

Thanks.
        Diego.-
        I will not release the source code for the plugin but I will add a bunch of CF_pluginData commands to it, so any other plugin will be able to read out the sensor / input data.

I think it'll be available for beta test somewhen next week.

Here's what it will look like (though one will be able to modify the skin easily using VD2).
        Attached Files

Comment

Really good! There could I nevertheless still come to it a voltmeter into Centrafuse to have!? Must one absolutely have in addition this Phidgets or does go also an Com-adapter even tinkered?
          My Project: German/English

Comment

Originally posted by MarcelP View Post
            Really good! There could I nevertheless still come to it a voltmeter into Centrafuse to have!? Must one absolutely have in addition this Phidgets or does go also an Com-adapter even tinkered?
            Man Marcel, dein Englisch ist echt eine Herausvorderung beim lesen.
            Das Plugin geht nur mit Phidgets.

Comment

Ich weiß, ich weiß!

Das ist schon lange her mit dem Englisch, naja..

Also ist das auch nichts für mich, hast du evtl. eine Idee wie ich ein Voltmeter integrieren kann?

(siehe hier: Fluxmedia-Forum-Thread)

Wenn ich mein DSATX endlich bekommen würde könnte ich ja das hier nutzen:

DSATX-Plugin

Ich hoffe nur das Zerach das Plugin fertigstellt und es dann später bei mir auch funktioniert.
              FMode hat da auch ein sehr guten Vorschlag gemacht, das Problem ist das es wahrscheinlich niemand umsetzen wird. Und zwar die kommunikation mir dem DSATX, das man über Popup o.ä. das runterfahren verhindern kann (Tankstellenschaltung). Das wäre echt eine Erweiterung die viele nutzen könnten und ja auch viele haben wollen (inkl. mir).

Comment

Ein Plugin schreiben?

Comment

ein Plugin programmieren! Hab ich was falsches geschrieben?

Comment

Originally posted by zorro View Post
                    I'm currently writing a Phidgets plugin if this is helpful for you.
                    dood... rock on.

Lessee, if I rim the outside of the car with their ultrasonic range sensors... then add in some IR. hmmm...
                    :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                      dood... rock on.

Lessee, if I rim the outside of the car with their ultrasonic range sensors... then add in some IR. hmmm...
                      Yeah... you could tell the plugin to play a sound when the sonic sensor reaches a defined range and then you'll have your homebrew APS

But what's the IR for?

Comment

Originally posted by zorro View Post
                        But what's the IR for?
                        The early warning system for the heat from the radiation when the sun explodes...

(actually, I dunno.. I was just babbling before)
                        :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                          The early warning system for the heat from the radiation when the sun explodes...
                          Ahh... yeah, that makes sense ... So one could use Phidgets to close the roof in a convertible

Comment

hehe, i was happy, if one times my temp of my mainboard display correctly in CF.
                            CF displays always the wrong Temp Sensor on Temp Sensor #1. the correct MB Sensor on my jetway Mainboard in Senor #2 :-)

Comment

No prob... get a Phidgets interface kit, a temperature sensor and there you go

Comment

Working...
                              X