Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is the sound better in centrafuse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • why is the sound better in centrafuse?

    Ok moving from SD to CF and the sound seems to be alot clearer than sd is , my music seems sharper? , i am using a jl e4300 amp , and hippodac 24bit DAC to feed the sound in , is it just my imagination or is there a good reason for this?

    my music collection is in WMA is that a good idea or should i use mp3? thanks

  • #2
    I believe CF uses a different media engine than SD.

    Someone more in the know can chime in here.............
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mrcgibb View Post
      Ok moving from SD to CF and the sound seems to be alot clearer than sd is , my music seems sharper? , i am using a jl e4300 amp , and hippodac 24bit DAC to feed the sound in , is it just my imagination or is there a good reason for this?
      I'm pretty sure it's not your imagination... if you recall from the "this is ridiculous" thread, RedGTIVR6 made the switch to CF because of this very reason...
      My '07 Grand Cherokee CarPC project.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah I noticed a increase in sound quality also when I made the switch
        2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

        Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
          I believe CF uses a different media engine than SD.

          Someone more in the know can chime in here.............
          CF is using WMP, I think SD uses Winamp?
          :: Mark

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by midiwall View Post
            CF is using WMP, I think SD uses Winamp?
            Hmmm......interesting.

            I seem to recall reading that WMP wasn't a very good engine for audiophile use...........

            Maybe I remember incorrectly.

            If Jan switched to CF and it uses WMP, it can't be that bad.............

            Red? Any input here?
            For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
            Leonardo Da Vinci

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
              Hmmm......interesting.

              I seem to recall reading that WMP wasn't a very good engine for audiophile use...........

              Maybe I remember incorrectly.

              If Jan switched to CF and it uses WMP, it can't be that bad.............

              Red? Any input here?
              SD uses WMP, CF does not.
              My opinion is my own.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by danielkh View Post
                SD uses WMP, CF does not.
                ??? ummm...

                Okay, my bad... CF makes DirectX calls directly. Not a whole lot of difference there.
                :: Mark

                Comment


                • #9
                  CF uses DirectX with it's own embedded player and codecs
                  98' Honda CR-V
                  http://www.superbluecrv.com

                  *OBDMPG, the RR OBD Plugin*

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mezz64 View Post
                    CF uses DirectX with it's own embedded player and codecs
                    David's using WMP codecs when possible. There are many posts here from him stating that WMP 10+ should be installed. e.g.,

                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...ml#post1114338
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...ml#post1188076

                    The exception would be some video codecs, but that's not what tis thread is based around.
                    :: Mark

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      CF uses Bass.Net (http://www.un4seen.com/), thats what are all those bass*.dll in CF's directory.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X