Questions about using 2 displays.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about using 2 displays.

Ok, I finally got my DVI-D to VGA converter and it works great. The first thing I did was go to CF and change the DVD to display 2, Visulazations to display 2, and one other I cant recall..... Only issue I have is that I want other options to go to display 2 also, basically all the multimedia stuff. Say for example, the internet on display 2 also. Im also not sure if this is possible but I would like to see certain features on both displays, like the music selection screen, so both the front and back can change music, not just visuals on one screen, radio on both screens, etc, . Is this possible at all?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Ok, I finally got my DVI-D to VGA converter and it works great. The first thing I did was go to CF and change the DVD to display 2, Visulazations to display 2, and one other I cant recall..... Only issue I have is that I want other options to go to display 2 also. Say for example, the internet on display 2 also. Im also not sure if this is possible but I would like to see certain features on both displays, like the music selection screen, not just visuals on one screen, radio on both screens, etc... Is this possible at all?

Glad to see you got it working! Which solution ($$) did you go with that worked?
    My opinion is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by danielkh View Post
      Glad to see you got it working! Which solution ($$) did you go with that worked?
      I went with the HD Fury, from Monoprice, Im really glad you pointed me in the right direction.... It even worked with my awkward setup. I just need to get the CF stuff sorted out..... Anyone, DAVID can you chime in please?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

The way that I work it is the following...

with rear screens with multiple inputs I split the VGA from the main computer and run to the rear screen, as well as the rear touchscreens...

I then use another input on the rear screens such as the composite for the secondary display output on the computer...

so when in the backseat you have the rear screen on Input 2 (composite), which is the secondary display which is showing your DVD, Video, Visualizations, and maybe Web Browser...

when I want to change the music or use the navigation, I switch my rear screen to Input 1 (which is makes it the same as the front screen), and I can control My Library, navigation, etc...

we also plan to add more options with multi-screen setups in the future...

david

Comment

I have a PS2 on the composite line, and plus everyone knows that web browser and composite is a NO NO, it will look so [email protected] (font). Maybe you dont have to make multimonitor support so hard. Maybe create a toggle button that is software based? I really dont care for the navigation on the second screen.... No passenger wants to be bored with navigation, engine diagnostics and what not...... only the multimedia stuff like music playlist, etc......... Well for now i'll settle for what CF can do, and I will patiently wait for advanced multimonitor support. I do suppose that this is wayyyyyyyy at the bottom of the list though, since not many people seem to be into the multimonitor application.

PS: Do you have pictures of you Jeep? Ive always wanted to see what the creator of CF is pushing.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
          X