Best HD Radio and Bluetooth adapters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best HD Radio and Bluetooth adapters?

What are the best HD Radio and Bluetooth adapters to use with Centrafuse?

HD Radio: Visteon HDZ300 with MJS serial cable, just hooked mine up today and it works great. Mitch said he's coming out with a usb version, don't know when you'll have to ask him. I scored my HD radio for $40 bucks from Amazon. Can't beat that.
    My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

Originally posted by deeznudts View Post
      I scored my HD radio for $40 bucks from Amazon. Can't beat that.
      actually I can.... $27 + shipping on ebay

Comment

Hmm... I really don't want to deal with a serial to USB adapter, but maybe I'll try. Why do people even keep making serial devices nowadays...

So this would work?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-1&seller=

...and I would just ignore everything there except for the main box? I don't see a serial cable though.

Thanks.

Comment

Serial is not that bad. Mine works perfectly. The only thing I don't like is that it clicks when it powers on. But that's the unit. You'll use the main box, the power cord, and the antenna adapter if you need it. You have to buy the serial cable from Mitch. Use that in the input for the screen with all the buttons then connect the other end to your puter. The control screen and the remote are pretty much the only things in that box you don't need.
          My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

Originally posted by deeznudts View Post
            Serial is not that bad. Mine works perfectly. The only thing I don't like is that it clicks when it powers on. But that's the unit. You'll use the main box, the power cord, and the antenna adapter if you need it. You have to buy the serial cable from Mitch. Use that in the input for the screen with all the buttons then connect the other end to your puter. The control screen and the remote are pretty much the only things in that box you don't need.
            Do you need the screen or not? If not, would this work?
            http://cgi.ebay.com/Visteon-HDZ300-H...QQcmdZViewItem
            My Install - 2003 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Ogold007 View Post
              Do you need the screen or not? If not, would this work?
              "The control screen and the remote are pretty much the only things in that box you don't need."

You don't need the screen. Once you hook it up to the computer, the computer controls it. The unit you are looking at is the correct one, and should work.
              My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

Working...
              X