CF 2.0 RC4: Bugs / issues / suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF 2.0 RC4: Bugs / issues / suggestions

I figured I'd be the first to start this one.....

So far RC4 seems to have fixed a [email protected] load of issues I was having before, except one.... infact it seems to do something worse. On RC3 when I would leave CF on then go into hibernation, but when coming out of hibernation I would get nothing but a black screen and could not do anything. On RC4 its diffrent, instead when I come out of hibernation I see the Windows welcome screen, but thats it.... even if I hit log on, it stays there. I can see all the ballons from the bluetooth not being registered, the network connection and what not. When I look at the HDD light, I can see its loading up something, but the whole time the welcome screen is stuck.

Can someone please help!?!?!?!?!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

I have a loading icon in the center of the screen most of the time...This wasnt an issue before with XLE and RC3. Dont know why this time...

Comment

Originally posted by drwpilot View Post
      I have a loading icon in the center of the screen most of the time...This wasnt an issue before with XLE and RC3. Dont know why this time...
      OOPS, I also forgot, I have this issue too sometimes.... it especially will do it with the web browser and sometimes with the XM and HD radio.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Yeah I see that loading icon (spinning circle animation) frequently. Sometimes it goes away after a while, sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

volume issue

one issue i have seen is that coming back from hibernation. the volume will be down i will have to pause the music playing and un puase it to come back or turn volume back up.

Comment

I finally loaded up 2.0 RC4, coming from 1.47. I waited a while figuring that a lot of the issues that come with new CF releases would be flushed out. I should have waited a while longer...

This was an upgrade, NOT a fresh install.
            1. The Sat radio module isn't reloading after hibernate. This is the same issue that I've reported a couple of times against 1.47. The symptom is "no audio after restore from hibernate when hibernate happened on XM screen". The fix is that you have to exit the module, then go back in. When you do this, you see the "loading spinner" (on 1.47 you saw "Loading...") and then Sat comes back.

2. When you enter the "Soundcard I/O" choices dialog for the Recording and Playback choices in Sat radio, the headings on both screens are "Select Line In".

3. Actually, what's the point of making Recording and Playback choices in the Sat radio module?

4. The BlueSoleil stack installed but it didn't setup. It didn't unhook the stack I was running (stock Windows). This has a number of side complications since CF is locked to BS.

5. For those folks that don't use the -advsettings command line switch, how about making the "plus sign trigger" toggle sticky for the life of the CF instance? i.e., user sets the toggle, and it sticks until CF is restarted. Having to keep turn that thing on is a pain.

6. Why is there a menu of choices on HOW to exit _PLUS_ an additional "Are you sure"?

7. The installer didn't keep my old settings - it just plowed through and wrote over everything. SOB that's annoying. I've been mumbling "Start with a solid core" around here for over a year - someone should start listening to those words.

8. There are tons of little things... I think other folks have mentioned all that I saw. The advance graphics stuff is slow; tag scanning on WMA's is weird (that's NEVER been right); media playback can be a CPU hog and slow down the UI; when not using "-advsettings" there are blank lines in the options menus; 3 out of 5 times on exit, CF was left "running" as a windowless process(I had to kill it through task manager)... And I haven't even tried much past XM and MP3 playback.

It took me so long to get everything to work that I drained the battery in my car to the point of needing a jump to start it.

This is becoming a real PITA.
            :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              Yeah I see that loading icon (spinning circle animation) frequently. Sometimes it goes away after a while, sometimes it doesn't.
              Do you have Web enabled? If so, and if you leave it on a web page that auto-refreshes (CNN, traffic, weather), CF will spin that thing while it reloads the page - no matter what the current CF screen is. It's been doing that since the late 1.4x days.

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                6. Why is there a menu of choices on HOW to exit _PLUS_ an additional "Are you sure"?

Yeah, I don't like that confirmation either. I think it would be very rare to accidentally choose one of those shutdown options.

Comment

Do you have Web enabled? If so, and if you leave it on a web page that auto-refreshes (CNN, traffic, weather), CF will spin that thing while it reloads the page - no matter what the current CF screen is. It's been doing that since the late 1.4x days.

Nope (no Internet connection in the car).

Comment

Yeah, I don't like that confirmation either. I think it would be very rare to accidentally choose one of those shutdown options.
                    Actually, I don't mind the conformation - I've hit "BACK" too many times and would have exited CF without it. It's actually the option list that drives me nuts. There are button options for each of those.

Nope (no Internet connection in the car).
                    Hmm... okay, not that then!

Comment

[*]The BlueSoleil stack installed but it didn't setup. It didn't unhook the stack I was running (stock Windows). This has a number of side complications since CF is locked to BS.
                      I had the same issue..... first time I installed BS didnt load although i went through the installation steps and it said installed..... What I did is once I ran CF that first time, I then went back to the install file, clicked it again and installed BS again. Once it tried to reinstall CF i simply hit cancel. Restarted the PC and BS was there again.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Ive got a few issues to report, mostly with HD Radio but some other stuff that isnt as critical.

-There is still a playlist count issue with CDs, HDDs, and USB devices. I haven't paid that much attention to it, but I think it happens upon resuming from hibernation. If I close CF and reopen it, the count will be correct. I will try to make a repeatable procedure.

-During a phone call, I was fiddling around and accidently clicked 'playlist'. CF proceeded to play the music that was playing before the call, but the "pause" button wouldn't do anything. I wasnt routing the audio through CF, so I was able to simply mute CF and stop the problem. When I ended the call, CF unpaused the music as it should and everything was back to normal.

With regard to HD Radio, the issues are as follows.

1. The buffer is super choppy. It's different than the choppiness that I have heard in the past using the CF buffer. If it's in live mode, it almost sounds like it has bad reception (short stutters) but if I pause it for a second, the choppiness goes away. Unfortunately, the buffer still freaks out after a few minutes. It just doesn't seem super polished or reliable.

2. When using buffer mode, the line-in volume isn't controllable? Maybe I am missing a setting, but the line level control no longer functions. The volume is set to a level and cannot be changed (other than the default playback/overall volume control). The way it is now, HD Radio isnt the same level as the media playback, it's much quieter. I have even tried adjusting the settings in the hdradio.xml file, setting it to 100 to no avail.

3. HD Radio doesn't resume from hibernation properly. To get HD Radio to play, I usually have to click on a different preset or change the station to hear anything.

Also, can you guys explain the various line in recording and line in playback options? I had to fiddle around with them a lot to make it work, and the descriptions are not intuitive to what they do. It still doesnt make sense to me. I think I just got lucky.

That is all I can remember right now. I'll post another reply with more info when I remember.

Comment

I finally loaded up 2.0 RC4, coming from 1.47. I waited a while figuring that a lot of the issues that come with new CF releases would be flushed out. I should have waited a while longer...

It took me so long to get everything to work that I drained the battery in my car to the point of needing a jump to start it.

This is becoming a real PITA.
                          Thank you for your confidence booster. I think you and I exchanged once or twice indirectly some thoughts on CF2.x (I think when weather plugin stopped working). I just rebuilt my install and...I am at the point of installing CF. I guess you made it clear what the obvious choice is - when you have everything running smooth.
                          CF 1.20 ---> 1.47 going back in.

Comment

RC4 doesnt have that many issues...... It is running 100% stable for me... Yea it had issues when using the TPMS plug-in (couldnt come out of hibernation), but now its working great. I am upgrading my sound card (went from SoundBlaster Live 24 External to Turtle Beach Advantage SRM) so that I can have 7.1 suround sound.... other then that everything seems to work fine.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I have this issue with the music part of CF: When I navigate through the library and do a bunch of actions rather quickly, the "hourglass" graphic shows and stays showing until I quit CF. I have an external HD all the music is on, but it's shown as a local drive not a removable drive.
                              Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                              Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                              Teardown PC [100%]
                              Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

Working...
                              X