No announcement yet.

Making centrafuse start when windows starts

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making centrafuse start when windows starts

just recently bought centrafuse XLE and i didnt select to run as system shell when i first installed it so i could work on the system...but now that its done i want it to run when windows starts up but cant find the setting for it now that it is installed.

Edit have version 2.0 RC6

i'm not aware of the setting on centrafuse, but theres alternative, which is creating a shortcut to centrafuse and place it into the startup folder (drag/drop)

All that does is change a setting in your registry.

In fact I believe there's a post (possibly sticky) on this forum about it.

From (first google result):
      Changing the default shell (all users):

1) open regedit (start menu > run, and type in regedit)
      2) go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
      3) Change Shell from explorer.exe to the new shell path e.g C:\Litestep\litestep.exe
      4) log out and log back in.

Changing the default shell (only current user):

1) open regedit (start menu > run, and type in regedit).
      2) go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
      3) add a new string value (Edit > New > String Value) called shell. and set the value to the path of the new shell e.g C:\Litestep\litestep.exe.
      4) log out and log back in.
      2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
      Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
      The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

you can turn cf on as shell in the general settings, you have to enable advanced settings to get this option to appear... (hold down '+' button in settings for 6 seconds until popup appears)

thanks just what i was looking for

If you don't want it to run as a shell you could use the new Centrafuse Loader.
            See here:

Sorry to bring up and old thread.

I have centrafuse running as the system shell. I forgot to activate windows, and when I did, Centrafuse is telling me that my trial is expired, even though I downloaded my activation file the other day. Now I am locked out of windows.

How can I run the windows shell now? I hit control alt delete, start a task...but I am not sure what I need to select to bring windows desktop up.