DVD button will not work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD button will not work

When I click the DVD button on the main menu, it gets high lighted and makes a click sound but it will not load up the dvd menu. Centrafuse does not hang and everything else works. Version is 1.47 with Windows Media Player 10 and no codec packs installed, running on Tinyxp. Previous versions of Centrafuse worked fine. Here is the error.log

7/9/2008 9:43:52 PM
    Class not registered
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
    at centrafuse.dvd.buildControls()
    at centrafuse.dvd..ctor(ICFMain pForm)
    at centrafuse.main.changeLocation(CF_Actions mode)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

depending on the version of TinyXP you're running, WMP was stripped from the OS. This includes all the little dependencies and calls all over. If you instaled WMP to get it back, it may not have restored all the files, dependencies, etc. Give it a shot with a normal install of Windows, not a stripped verion like TinyXP.
    Crawdaddy
    1991 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/SBC 350
    2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

"A local New Orleans man says his socks are finally dry..." -Tom Tucker, Family Guy

Comment

To confirm if it is a WMP issue, it would probably be easier to just try playing the DVD in WMP.

Comment

The DVD does play in WMP but will not in CF. DVD did work in version 1.20. I have had 1.47 running for a while now and I haven't checked the DVD function until now.
        tinyxp + wmp10 + CF 1.20 = dvd working
        tinyxp + wmp10 + CF 1.47 = dvd not working, so obviously something in CF has changed. Probably now dependant on another file i do not have. It works on a full xp install but I do not want that.
        One thing I have noticed is that after I press the dvd button and nothing happens, I can click anything else once and it comes up, except for the exit button. I have to press it twice for it to work after pressing the dvd button.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Works fine in WMP11 and VLC, but not with CF.
          Clicking the DVD button does nothing except mute the playlist.

Cf error log:
          13/07/2008 4:54:10 PM (54:10:42)
          Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
          at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateI nstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(G uid clsid)
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(Stri ng license, Guid clsid)
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Gui d clsid)
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
          at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
          at centrafuse.dvd.e()
          at centrafuse.dvd..ctor(ICFMain pForm)
          at centrafuse.main.a(CF_Actions b)
          I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

Are you using a full version of windows nislo?

Comment

No, I'm using an Nlited XP.

It has a complete WMP10 installed though which can play dvd's fine outside of CF. There must be something CF depends on that is removed by nlite.

The guys at Flux would obviously know what CF calls. It'd be good to know what that is...

Comment

Yeah I guess we are pretty much stuck until we can get some more info. I can rule out a codec issue as i have tested the same one on my tinyxp and a full version xp, tiny wont play dvd in centrafuse, full version does.

Comment

we're actively working on the dvd issues... they do have to do with codecs, and what hardware those codecs run on. It's very tricky stuff, hopefully after we can spend more time on this we can finally find out why some users experience so many difficulties with cf dvd playback...
                  http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

Quick question smeesseman. Are you guys using the dvd functionality in directshow or are you using a third party dvd solution. I remember David saying something a long time ago about moving away from the like mswebdvd/directshow and using a third party mpeg2 decoder and dvd playback api/sdk.
                    We are, will have and forever will be...
                    But not tommorrow!

Comment

it is now using msvidwebtv control and directshow...

david

Comment

Ok, I've got mine working now!

I did the following:
                        - Copied msvidctl.dll into \windows\system32\ folder
                        - Goto Start > Run > type regsvr32 msvidctl.dll and click ok to the dialog box that pops up that says something like msvidctl.dll was succesfully registered.
                        - Watch DVD's in CF!

msvidctl.dll is obviously removed by nLite and can be found on any full xp install in the system32 folder. I've uploaded a copy to the downloads section for convinience.

P.S. Make sure you've got a codec installed too like this free GPL directshow codec

Comment

Nislo you are a ledgend! Works perfectly now How did you figure out you were missing the dll file?

Comment

Once David mentioned which control they were using (the exact name David uses doesn't seem to exist), some googling lead me to MSDN which says which librarys the MS Video Control used. Hooray for DVD's in traffic jams!

Comment

Well it still isn't fully working. I have picture and no sound. Both work in wmp. the only codec that works is the one nislo suggested. Any idea's?

Edit. Working now, had to install ac3 filter

Comment

Working...
                              X