This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse???

I am testing out the trial to see if i like it to download and i am having trouble setting up a playlist for my music videos, they are all there but when i go to play them only one will show up and i cant get them all into a playlist. Also i have microsoft streets and tips 2007, will i be able to use it with centrafuse?

More CF problems

I downloaded the trial version in order to get everything set up for when I buy the copy of XLE. But I've got to say that so far almost nothing works.

1. Firstly trying to turn off the annoying demo video is a pain.
    2. Then when I save all my Itunes to the library it says, 848 saved then I find that there is nothing in either the library or play list.
    3. I've got a Silabs FM radio and it doesn't let me select it in settings! So how does that work?
    4. I can't seem to sort out the mic either.
    5. Not tried the reversing cam yet, not optimistic.

This is a real shame as I had really high hopes of CF, if I can't sort out these simple problems, I'll sadly have to look elsewhere.

Comment

yeah this is pretty sad, for 225 bucks i would expect a system to work flawlessly and be very easy

Comment

Have either of you tried searching here or in the forums at the fluxmedia.net site? I know most if not all of these have been answered.

Comment

I have searched thru the FAQ of centrafuse and did not see it, so yes.

Comment

Have either of you tried searching here or in the forums at the fluxmedia.net site? I know most if not all of these have been answered.
            I'm inclined to agree with Is1bandit, if you're buying a commercial product, it should be operable off the shelf. I don't believe that anyone would object to some minor tinkering to integrate a few peripherals, but as it stands the trial is virtually unusable. I have since spent many more hours on both this and the CF forum and discovered how some of my issues can be resolved, but I still maintain that if you're going to buy a finished article, then let it be.....finished!

Comment

Originally posted by ls1bandit View Post
              yeah this is pretty sad, for 225 bucks i would expect a system to work flawlessly and be very easy
              It is being worked on to make things easier to use everyday. What we are doing is in a way, cutting edge. You can't just go out and purchase a unit at Best Buy and have it run a full blown version of Windows or Linux. We are making homegrown solutions and therefore may have some issues.

The problem is that this software needs to run on all different kinds of configurations. There may be things that each indivual has to tweak in order to get everything to run smoothly. Flux is very good at fixing bugs if told about them. It just takes effort on our part to help troubleshoot and inform them of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by colindunscombe View Post
                I downloaded the trial version in order to get everything set up for when I buy the copy of XLE. But I've got to say that so far almost nothing works.

1. Firstly trying to turn off the annoying demo video is a pain.
                2. Then when I save all my Itunes to the library it says, 848 saved then I find that there is nothing in either the library or play list.
                3. I've got a Silabs FM radio and it doesn't let me select it in settings! So how does that work?
                4. I can't seem to sort out the mic either.
                5. Not tried the reversing cam yet, not optimistic.

This is a real shame as I had really high hopes of CF, if I can't sort out these simple problems, I'll sadly have to look elsewhere.
                1. You must just click no when ask you if you want look video tutorial on FIRST TIME runing CF.

If you have problems write post on fluxmedia forum and post your report file... If you will not do this then is your problem and they can't help you...

Comment

not sure why you can't select your silabs radio. Seems to let me do it no problems.

Comment

Thanks JWise1203, Dejan and others.
                    I'll check out the CF forum in even more detail.
                    I do understand that CF is not a one size fits all solution, given the permutations of both hard and software. But I still believe that the documentation should be clearer. For example it was only after going on the forums that I discovered that I needed to download other software to enable Itunes to work (still waiting to do that, tho' the link didn't appear to be the right one). It would be really nice if there was one port of call where someone could download a list of things to do, before, during and after downloading the front end. Even if it was in general terms.

Regards
                    Colin

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by ls1bandit View Post
                      Depends on what version you download. CF 2.0 RC6.1 is BETA and offered for free to CF 1.2 and up users. What exactly doesnt work because I use RC6.1 and it works flawlessly. Try buying SD and tell me if that works flawlessly. The Front end market is new, its not something thats going to 100% work out of the box. Everyone has a diffrent type of PC, which is going to cause diffrent types of issues.

Also the FAQ isnt always updated like it should be. If you have a issue search in the forum itself, if you cant find a answer, then ask. David, Jan, and Scott and others that run Flux will be glad to answer your questions and usually do so in a timily manner.

On a side not, if you manage to have the Video issue fixed share the info. i havent played with video yet since I am constantly redoing my PC setup (3rd times the charm). If I run into that issue, I would like to be able to fix, lol.
                      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

While I understand that this is a cutting edge type of software, I do have to say that I agree to some extent with Colin. If I purchase a software, I expect it to work. For example, if I go to best buy and purchase a copy of say microsoft office and bring it home only to find it doesn't work without having to go looking around for answers myself, I'm going to bring it back to best buy and ask for a return. More than likely, I will get my money back. Just because this software is being offered online with a community assisting in the testing and development, doesn't change the fact that the consumer is paying money for a product and that product should work on any computer it is installed on. Plenty of other companies have found ways to make their product work on PCs regardless of hardware differences. I can understand not being able to predict what uses the software will be put to ie bluetooth phone use, nav, HDRadio, sattelite radio etc but that should be determined in the setup process and once selected should work flawlessly. If Flux and Centrafuse can't support this, they shouldn't be charging as much for their product.

It's the same thing that happened with SD. People were complaining about the nav functions giving erroneous directions. SD's response was that these problems were because of Map Point and that it wasn't their problem. I couldn't understand that response. The consumer wasn't paying Microsoft for the software, they were paying SD. If I bought a Ford with that new Voice software (made by microsoft) and had a problem with the system, would i take the car to microsoft to have it fixed? No, I would take it to Ford.

All that being said, Flux and the Centrafuse team provide impeccable support to their consumers. I have no complaints about this at all. Also, the OP was only using the test version so you can't really say they aren't getting the support since they haven't paid for it.
                        I'm only saying, paying money for a program should entitle you to a working product. As the consumer (who quite honestly has problems getting the simplest of programs to work) I shouldn't have to put too much effort into getting the software running.

Comment

navmaxlp, ur missing the point. Microsoft office is tested extensively in a home and business enviroment. Car PCs on the other hand is a new thing, that makes up only 13%. There are way more variables that can cause different issues. Also because the market is so small for Car PC, the people that make the software dont have huge testing resources like someone like Microsoft. So they have to go by a trial bases. That is why CF realeses the RC versions of its software to its customers, to get alot of people to test the software, get input and make it a working product in the end.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                            navmaxlp, ur missing the point. Microsoft office is tested extensively in a home and business enviroment. Car PCs on the other hand is a new thing, that makes up only 13%. There are way more variables that can cause different issues.
                            Pardon me but, no I'm not missing the point. I understand the argument that CF and CarPC FE software in general are a new idea and that some growing pains are to be expected. However, that doesn't mean that the purchaser isn't entitled to a working product. The idea remains the same for anything that someone would buy. If you buy a hammer, you expect it to act and function as a hammer should. If it doesn't, you as the consumer have the right to be upset about it.

I enjoy CF. I think CF works well and in my opinion, CF is the best front end out there. There are some things about it that I would change but, that is a matter of preference. I do feel though that if someone has a problem with it, the default answer should not be, "find out for yourself, that's what the forums are for." No, that's what customer support is for when you pay for a product.

Comment

Flux offers customer support, what are you talking about? The forums are simply a tool to enhance the experience. You cant submit a system report over the phone, can you? I have emailed, PMed, and left messages on the forum and have gotten help every single time? Also I do not understand why people are posting help questions on the MP3Car forum. If you need immediate help, do like i stated before, email, PM, and what not. Go to the FluxMedia Forums, to get faster support. People posting questions on MP3Car will get help from mainly users, but not from Flux because there in their forums helping people. Email [email protected] and they will help you. You act as though there is no support at all, and if for some reason you havent been getting support, then Im sorry, but dont assume there isnt any. Also how can you compare a object like a hammer to a sophisticated software made up of tons of code. Thats very narrow minded thinking if you ask me. Thats like comparing a wrist watch to a nuclear power plant......

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X