Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centrafuse: Should I import media or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse: Should I import media or not?

I'm storing all my media on an external / portable hard drive powered through USB.

When you plug it in, Centrafuse asks if you would like to import the music.

Will importing the songs copy the songs onto the PC hard drive? Or just remember there locations and create links to the portable?

It's just I don't want to clog up my small CarPC HDD with music - when I've got a large external hard drive.

Hope this makes sense,

Cheers for the help

Dunno, do you have a flash drive you can try with a small amount of music on?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelPlace View Post
      I'm storing all my media on an external / portable hard drive powered through USB.

When you plug it in, Centrafuse asks if you would like to import the music.

Will importing the songs copy the songs onto the PC hard drive? Or just remember there locations and create links to the portable?

It's just I don't want to clog up my small CarPC HDD with music - when I've got a large external hard drive.

Hope this makes sense,

Cheers for the help

i would like to know also.
      CarPc
      Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

I just recently imported some via a SD card. It copies the music with the respective folders into your music directory so it will clog up of HD. Turn off the auto-import option if you don't want the prompt.

If you use a portable hard drive, just add it's directory as a location for music in the Audio/Video settings and re-update your library.
        2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

Comment

Cheers, I've managed to add the folders to the list just wondered if it was easier to import - but it looked like it was copying so I never bothered.

Comment

I've never imported, just had it add to the catalog. How does that work with the big external drive? I wouldn't mind getting one of those portable ones (that run off one single usb cable) and use that for media instead of keeping them all on the hdd (then I could use a small CF card or something for OS).
            Nick - 08 GG Element
            Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by ik632 View Post
              I've never imported, just had it add to the catalog. How does that work with the big external drive? I wouldn't mind getting one of those portable ones (that run off one single usb cable) and use that for media instead of keeping them all on the hdd (then I could use a small CF card or something for OS).
              works fine as long as you have a reliable portable hd and spare usb port (will usually need it's own, not a hub). i've had no issues with my 120gb WD Passport.
              2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

Comment

Working...
              X