CF not Seeing Any XM Channels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF not Seeing Any XM Channels

I've done several searches, and looked through prior posts. If I missed the answer, I apologize ahead of time.....

This weekend's project is getting CF running XM. I'm using the XM PCR, and the PCR software reads all the channels. I've gone into the advanced settings, chosen the PCR as my input, and chose usb as my com port, since that's what it uses. Under the XM screen in CF is doesn't show any channels. Did I miss something obvious?

Thanks for any tips,
    --Fish

In the XM menu in CF, tap(or click) the top part of the channel guide thing. It should show like 0/0 or 1/1(the # of channels). That should force CF to refresh the channel lineup.
    After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
    New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'm getting "An Error Occurred" when I do that

I've tried each of my COM ports, turned off buffering, but the error still appears....

Comment

Hmm... I'll check on mine when I get off... I had a similar problem.
        New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Comment

What is the COM port spped listed as in CF settings? It should be 9600, if I'm not mistaken. Match the settings in CF with the settings for the COM port in Device Manager.
            New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

Yea, it's 9600 in device manager. I'm digging around CF to see where I check that within CF..... If you happen to know, I'd appreciate it, but I'm going to keep digging. Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

If your using the latest version of CF, use the Advanced Settings option in Settings, tell it yes, then choose Satellite Radio or XM Radio, whatever it shows. If you don't have the advanced settings option, you'll have to reinstall CF or close CF and delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Centrafuse\System\settings.xml" file. Hidden Files and Folders will need to be enabled. CF will start the First run wizard thing like when it was first installed. All settings are still saved, but make sure. Hope that helps...
                New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

I'll play with that tonight. I can get to the XM screen, by holding the '+' button a few seconds, and can change the com port, but don't see anywhere to check if it's set to 9600. I might just try to re-install and see how that goes..... I'll let you know

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not sure if I have advanced settings or not. I re-installed CF, still never got a chance to check the speed of the com port, and now I'm not even getting the 0/0 for channels that I was before...... frustrating.

Comment

OK, guy on the CF boards said that baud speed isnt an issue. Any other thoughts? Surprised I'm the only one thats having this trouble

Comment

Have you checked your USB cable?
                        New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by freeflashstuff View Post
                          Have you checked your USB cable?
                          No, but the XM software works, so I wouldn't think it'd be that....

I'm going to install the trial of CF on my laptop and see how XM reacts on that.

Comment

I am encountering the same issue using XM Direct.

My XM works fine using other software like Street Deck however I never see any channels within CF.

Comment

OK, I get the same issue when it's on the laptop. Seriously feel like a dumbass here.....

Comment

Working...
                              X