Centrafuse with or without GPS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse with or without GPS?

Been running the demo for a while now to see if I can find any bugs based on daily usage and I'm please to say I havent! Other than sometimes when I resume from hibernation I have video playback still going on but no audio until I click to view video or playlist?

Anyway, they dont enable the satnav in the demo so I can't test it out... I've got a feeling it's likely to be crap which is why they're not confident enough to include it in the demo!

Is it crap, as I suspect? Or is it worth the extra?

Sygic Drive is very tempting I must say, I've been closely watching their progress since I first heard about them developing satnav for mobiles, and since then they've knocked out a ton of platform packages!

I've heard Igo is a popular choice too although I can't say I'm overly impressed with the map view/interface from what I've seen... Nothing special compared to Sygic's stuff...

Any advice from those who've got centrafuse with working satnav?

Cheers!

the maps are old (I can only speak for US maps) and sometimes it takes you on crazy routes...but it does get you where you have to go.

I'm waiting to upgrade to version 3...hopefully it's a little better

Comment

I"d say, go centrafuse w/o nav, and buy a copy of iGuidance.
      I think flux has a good idea that their current map engine is weak and allow 3rd party maps (ie. iGuidance) to run using plugin. Their next update will most likely have a much better map system, hopefully.

Comment

The reason they don't include the nav stuff in the demo is due to licensing restrictions on the maps, IIRC they restrict bluetooth for the same reason. From my experience, destinator is pretty bad, iGuidance isn't great (interface is rather poor) but does a better job routing than Destinator. I bought the Nav version hoping CF3 will provide better nav.

Comment

Sygic looks most interesting to me, fluid graphics and looks similar to TomTom... Has anyone used this?

Comment

Originally posted by csfile View Post
            the maps are old (I can only speak for US maps) and sometimes it takes you on crazy routes...but it does get you where you have to go.

I'm waiting to upgrade to version 3...hopefully it's a little better
            The maps are very old, I would get the standard, use iGuidance and the iG plugin, and when CF3 comes out, use its advanced NAV embeding features to put what ever Nav you want.

Originally posted by Punky View Post
            I"d say, go centrafuse w/o nav, and buy a copy of iGuidance.
            I think flux has a good idea that their current map engine is weak and allow 3rd party maps (ie. iGuidance) to run using plugin. Their next update will most likely have a much better map system, hopefully.
            They know its weak, and seeing that my research shows that Destinator is heading more towards handy units, and not really on PC, eventually Flux will have to do away with Destinator all together.

Originally posted by strikeback03 View Post
            The reason they don't include the nav stuff in the demo is due to licensing restrictions on the maps, IIRC they restrict bluetooth for the same reason. From my experience, destinator is pretty bad, iGuidance isn't great (interface is rather poor) but does a better job routing than Destinator. I bought the Nav version hoping CF3 will provide better nav.
            It does a way better job, what I like about Destinator, its easier to enter things into it, or at least the way CF skinned it to work..... I wonder if iNav (iG creators) has a SDK to redo those graphics.
            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
            X