Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I finally tried out Centrafuse 3.1...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally tried out Centrafuse 3.1...

First off the features sound amazing, so I had to give it a shot.

Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with 3.1. I could not get Bluetooth to work correctly no matter what I tried, I did exactly as stated. I did the initial bluetooth install when it asked me, when i clicked phone within CF it said something like "no bluetooth found", fair enough, I headed over to the forums. I noticed a couple threads about this, now I heard a couple ppl say they were running win7 64bit like me, and they were told to install the drivers from the companies site, which I did after signing up to download them. I restart, CF loads and still no bluetooth found. (Yes it was enabled). So my main reason for going to CF is not working.

Now my biggest issue with CF...Support is HORRIBLE. I am sorry, I went to the forums and whenever you post it says your post must be approved by a mod, Which was ok with me, I tried posting 3 different help posts (all different subjects) I even made a 4th post trying to help someone with a playlist question he had. Well 2 weeks later NONE of my posted were reviewed/approved or posted.

So in the end I just uninstalled.

Originally posted by meth68 View Post

Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with 3.1. I could not get Bluetooth to work correctly no matter what I tried, I did exactly as stated. I did the initial bluetooth install when it asked me, when i clicked phone within CF it said something like "no bluetooth found", fair enough, I headed over to the forums. I noticed a couple threads about this, now I heard a couple ppl say they were running win7 64bit like me, and they were told to install the drivers from the companies site, which I did after signing up to download them. I restart, CF loads and still no bluetooth found. (Yes it was enabled). So my main reason for going to CF is not working.

Now my biggest issue with CF...Support is HORRIBLE. I am sorry, I went to the forums and whenever you post it says your post must be approved by a mod, Which was ok with me, I tried posting 3 different help posts (all different subjects) I even made a 4th post trying to help someone with a playlist question he had. Well 2 weeks later NONE of my posted were reviewed/approved or posted.

Out of curiosity, which forums/threads did you post in? I did a quick search and couldn't actually find any posts by you under the meth68 login. That could be just a problem with the search engine though, or did you use a different login?

Cheers!

VegasGuy

Comment

Originally posted by VegasGuy View Post
      Out of curiosity, which forums/threads did you post in? I did a quick search and couldn't actually find any posts by you under the meth68 login. That could be just a problem with the search engine though, or did you use a different login?

Cheers!

VegasGuy

I used this same username, that is my issue. After I try to post it goes to a screen that says a moderator must approve my reply prior to it being posted. None of the the posts were ever reviewed or passed by mods i guess because 0 of 4 actually got posted. Thats rather annoying.. It was in the support forum

Comment

Originally posted by meth68 View Post

Could be that your bluetooth dongle is not compatiable. I would go for the one from Mo-Co-So. Here is a link. http://www.mo-co-so.com/USB-Bluetoot...cs-usb-btd.htm This one is 100% compatiable. I use to have a Kensington dongle and had a lot of the same issues. Once I bought the dongle I linked to, all the issues went away.

Yea, Flux is a very small company so they have OEM vendors they have to cater to first before us. It sucks, but what can you do. They do not frequent the forums like they used to. You may want to use the support email, they usually answer quite fast. Since they monitor their emails very well. Usually within a business day.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          Could be that your bluetooth dongle is not compatiable. I would go for the one from Mo-Co-So. Here is a link. http://www.mo-co-so.com/USB-Bluetoot...cs-usb-btd.htm This one is 100% compatiable. I use to have a Kensington dongle and had a lot of the same issues. Once I bought the dongle I linked to, all the issues went away.

Yea, Flux is a very small company so they have OEM vendors they have to cater to first before us. It sucks, but what can you do. They do not frequent the forums like they used to. You may want to use the support email, they usually answer quite fast. Since they monitor their emails very well. Usually within a business day.
          Thanks for your replies.

I installed it on my new sony viao laptop that has builtin bluetooth...

Comment

Does the built in BT on your laptop work with CF3? I still cant get mine to work in 3.1 with win 7x64. I installed the software from the bluesoil website and now it recognizes the bluetooth adapter, but it won't find my phone or any other BT device. Before with win xp 32, and CF2, it worked flawlessly....

Comment

Regarding bluteooth

Hey guys,

So the bluetooth software Centrafuse comes bundled with is called BlueSoleil. It's a great piece of software, but unfortunately is incompatible with most built in bluetooth devices. I've done some looking and theres really no fix. Sorry I don't have better news.

If you do plan to try a dongle, do some searching for BlueSoleil compatible dongles before you buy.

Hope this helps
              spamftw

Comment

If the dongle/hardware isn't "compatible" meaning that Bluesoleil doesn't recognize it, there are ways around that. You can manually it to the driver so that it will work. The steps are here http://forums.fluxmedia.net/faq-freq...html#post69875

With luck that works for you.
                "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Comment

The comapitible BT dongle I linked to is only 7.99! Its easier then going through the headaches of getting the onboard to work.
                  Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                  X