Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A warning about bluesoleil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A warning about bluesoleil

    So I paid for bluesoleil 8 and never received a serial number form them or and response to any of my emails. After some research I found several other people with the same issue. Just wanted to let you guys know so you don't lose $20 like I did.

    I am looking for another bluetooth solution for my hands free phone now. And recommendations?

    If they ever do send me my serial I paid for I will let you know, but its been almost a week now so I am not counting on it. Time for a PayPal dispute.

  • #2
    Their software is crap too. Somebody please write a Bluetooth plugin that runs on the win7 stack or the toshiba one. I wish I were capable or I would.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tech180 View Post
      So I paid for bluesoleil 8 and never received a serial number form them or and response to any of my emails. After some research I found several other people with the same issue. Just wanted to let you guys know so you don't lose $20 like I did.

      I am looking for another bluetooth solution for my hands free phone now. And recommendations?

      If they ever do send me my serial I paid for I will let you know, but its been almost a week now so I am not counting on it. Time for a PayPal dispute.
      Wait, you purchased CF and bought BS separately? I dont understand why you had to pay.

      Originally posted by dmcdlrn View Post
      Their software is crap too. Somebody please write a Bluetooth plugin that runs on the win7 stack or the toshiba one. I wish I were capable or I would.
      Windows stack is lacking and I'm unaware of a SDK for Toshiba's stack. If you know if a free (or cheap) SDK, i can take a look. I emailed Toshiba (per their instructions) awhile ago to gain access to any available SDK but never received anything
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

      Comment


      • #4
        This has been posted here and there, but probably worth a repeat. BlueSoliel is the ONLY (read that word again) BT stack available on the market that makes the hands-free profile available to 3rd-party developers via their API. Toshiba, WidComm and Microsoft DO NOT make that service profile available. I have used the free 32 Feet SDK and the VERY expensive WCL libraries and the only way to get hands-free access is to use the BlueSoliel API. Until some other manufacturer decides to open up their API, BlueSoliel is it.

        VegasGuy

        Comment


        • #5
          OH. Well, poop. I got my phone working again tonight. For whatever reason the pair with bluesoleil was jacked up. I re-paired and I'm in business again... for now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VegasGuy View Post
            This has been posted here and there, but probably worth a repeat. BlueSoliel is the ONLY (read that word again) BT stack available on the market that makes the hands-free profile available to 3rd-party developers via their API. Toshiba, WidComm and Microsoft DO NOT make that service profile available. I have used the free 32 Feet SDK and the VERY expensive WCL libraries and the only way to get hands-free access is to use the BlueSoliel API. Until some other manufacturer decides to open up their API, BlueSoliel is it.

            VegasGuy
            It is worth mentioning, however, that BlueSoleil has a SDK. it is possible that their core product works, but the logic around it is what sucks. Anyone thought of writing their own software using the BlueSoleil SDK?

            Richard

            Comment


            • #7
              My experience of BlueSoleil (10) is that Android hands free works OK, but forget it for using anything else - most things just don't work. The interface is also terrible, and confusing to navigate around.

              Comment

              Working...
              X