Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x480 skin?

Hi everyone,

I had just finally managed to get my m10000 and lilliput to output the much sought after 800x480 resolution and i was dissapointed to see that CF's default skins only cone in 848x480 and 800x600.. ofcourse i switched to 848x480 since it looks better than 800x600 on my lilliput.. but i would really like for it to scale automatically or maybe have a proper skin.

on a side note. i love seeing that veetid has the same hardware setup as most of us use.. namely m10000 and a lilliput.. this gives me peace of mind knowing that if it works for veetid it will also work for me.

Lev
    hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi
    software: XP Home/Media Car/RoadRunner/IGuidance 2.0
    Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

My initial beta only had those two skin resolutions... sorry about that... You can try to make it not crop off by opening the skin.xml file and changing the resolution in the APPCONFIG section from 848x480, to 800x480... This might mess up the HOT SPOTS a little, but I am actually not sure what it will do...

The reason I haven't made all the resolutions yet, is because I am still working on my skin... I am going to wait until I have my finished skin, before i spend all the time to make all the resolutions, but once its done, I will make them all....

A teaser for my new skin should be coming soon

david

Comment

Originally posted by fasternfaster
      Hi everyone,

I had just finally managed to get my m10000 and lilliput to output the much sought after 800x480 resolution ..
      Hey, would you mind sharing how you managed to get 800x480 to work?

I really look forward to try that.
      Honda CRV Install:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...233#post390233

http://hihidamon.gfoto.com

Comment

look in the display thread.. i installed an NVidia Gf4 mx440 pci card
        hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi

Comment

You didn't get your lilliput to report 800x480 though, right?
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by fasternfaster
            look in the display thread.. i installed an NVidia Gf4 mx440 pci card
            so then you got you're nvidia gf4 to work with the lilli @ 800*480 not the m10000 onboard one, i don't think that is possible
            my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

yes, onboard is impossible... nvidia works but lilli put still doesnt report it at 800x480 but i really dont care its SOO much better than 800x600 that i dont give a BLEEP! and for only 33 buX~!

Comment

Care to post a screen shot?
                -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

sorry to bump an old thread but I am VERY interested in a 800X480 centrafuse skin. I have nvidia + xenarc = 800X480 going strong and currently using frodoplayer but there are some nice features that centrafuse has that I would like to use.

So please, somone do a 800X480 skin!

Comment

I will be doing an 800x480 with my new skin.... the skin probably won't make it in the upcoming 1.2 release, but it's coming soon...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                      I will be doing an 800x480 with my new skin.... the skin probably won't make it in the upcoming 1.2 release, but it's coming soon...

david

Dang darn shoot. I was hoping it would make it.

How about anyone else out there? Anyone have a nice 800X480 skin to share?

Need feb to convert his brushed metal & alumn to centrafuse in this res.

Comment

David maybe an idea for a far far far future release...

Make your hotspot positions in % value, then you can easily stretch for all screen resolution, just change with one variable width and height resolution.
                        EPIA M10K, 512MB RAM, 60GB
                        [##########] 100% (since 1 March 2005)

snowboarding.be - bokky.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpfjr
                          Dang darn shoot. I was hoping it would make it.

How about anyone else out there? Anyone have a nice 800X480 skin to share?

Need feb to convert his brushed metal & alumn to centrafuse in this res.
                          I've already done a 'clone' of Feb's brushed metal at 848x480. You can resize the image files and adjust the skin.xml file and it will probably work well. I'll try it myself this weekend and if all goes well, release it. I can't imagine, tho, that the 800x480 and 848x480 are really THAT much different visually.
                          ChadGoode.com - Miata MX-5 Carputer

ChadGoode.com - Nissan Frontier Truck-puter

Comment

The problem is that most 7" touchscreens use 800x480 as their native resolution, and so making them display a different res can have a horrible affect on the quality of the picture as it tries to interpolate.
                            When mine runs at 848x480 it shimies around and looks all nasty and pixelated. And text is almost impossible to read.

800x480 is the holly grail for us CarPC'ers as all other resolution alter the aspect ratio of the picture and 800x600 in windows on a 7"er makes things that little bit smaller and harder to see.
                            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                            X