Any Updates on Release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Updates on Release?

Has anyone heard about the expected time of the next release? I was excited to hear about it possibly being before christmas, but I see that didnt happen. Does anyone know? Thanks! -Brett W

hmm i read that it would be the first week of januari
    my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

yeah David had said he wanted to spend some time with his family over the festive period and therefore the new release would be some time in Jan possibly.

I personally can't wait. I've tested every single car MP3 piece of software over the last couple of months and CF was the only one that did everything I wanted it to do. Not only is it a much nicer and smooth front-end than the others, but the implementation of phone-control and GPS were what turned me.
      ...hopefully there will be some more goodies in the next release!

Luke

Comment

bump....any updates?

Comment

Should be able to make a release within a week... maybe even the end of this weekend.... The app is MUCH better... The speed and optimization was my main focus and I pretty much re-wrote alot... I re-vamped the music manager and all the known bugs are fixed... The next release won't include everything everyone asked for, but just about...

david

Comment

SWEET! SOONER THE BETTER!

I am actually having surgery on Friday for something fairly minor, but I will be at home until Weds or so. That will give me time to play if it's out before then!

Thanks David!

Comment

Will it include XM radio?

Comment

not sure if this is totally off the subject but i read that you were working on a char. lcd interface/conrol (?) for centrafuse, would this be something that is going to be in this release or have you dropped the idea? The reason i ask is that i have all the parts ready to install and I'm now would be the time to integrate a char. lcd under my xenarc screen.

I thank you for all the hard work that you have done with this amazing app.

`s
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                  not sure if this is totally off the subject but i read that you were working on a char. lcd interface/conrol (?) for centrafuse, would this be something that is going to be in this release or have you dropped the idea? The reason i ask is that i have all the parts ready to install and I'm now would be the time to integrate a char. lcd under my xenarc screen.

I thank you for all the hard work that you have done with this amazing app.

`s
                  What kind of LCD do you have? Its very hard to find a program that controlls ALL LCDs because there are just lots of them.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I don't have one yet, i was actually planning on using a vfd instead because a blue dot-matrix style would match the d.i.c. (driver information center... i think) in my car. I would like to avoid spending $100 on the matrix orbital version (http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/p...&ProductID=100) but I'm still researching this.

from what i have gathered some vfd's use the same controllers as the lcds
                    New System in progress:
                    M10k
                    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                      I don't have one yet, i was actually planning on using a vfd instead because a blue dot-matrix style would match the d.i.c. (driver information center... i think) in my car. I would like to avoid spending $100 on the matrix orbital version (http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/p...&ProductID=100) but I'm still researching this.

from what i have gathered some vfd's use the same controllers as the lcds
                      Well, if David releases the code to pull the currently playing song then Centrafuse will have its own LCDC plugin And LCDC only supports matrix orbital LCDs, and 2 other non-MO ones. Look on the lcdc.cc downloads page to see the others that it supports. LCDC also supports VDF btw.
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I would love to see the CHAR LCD support too, i have just gotten 2 x crystalfontz 634's (usb) ... GREAT displays, would really like the APP to support them...

Comment

releasing source code for a program he is selling sounds like a long shot, right? Please excuse my ignorance but would lcdstudio (www.lcdstudio.com) do the same thing? It seems like it has a wider application as far as types of lcd/vfd's that are supported too.
                          New System in progress:
                          M10k
                          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

The next release will include integrated LCD support for parallell LCD's... As for the XM radio support, it will allow you to either use the integrated Radio application or specify an external radio application to embed, which you could use to embed your XM app.. I plan on adding integrated XM support, but it won't make it in this release...

david

Comment

i don't think he meant source code

Comment

Working...
                              X