What are you doing for XM??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing for XM??

I'm currently trying to work with embedding TouchXM into the radio module, which isnt ideal, but when it IS working its not that bad either.

My problem is that I'm using a TimeTraxTech XMDirect interface, and i think once I shut down the computer, the fact that the power is dropped to the usb/serial interface on that when the computer resumes, TouchXM has issues trying to communicate with the XMDirect.

Anyone expereince anything similar?

Hope this can be resolved by an integrated XM module in CF SOON!

from the UK so this doesn't matter to me. The uk standard for digital radio is DABS and now that is almost dead.

Comment

I was just wondering this.. so what is the popular XM solution for Centrafuse?

XtremePCR appears to work for the most part - seems that the first time I run CF, it embeds the mini-player, but then, if I close and re-start CF it embeds properly. Also, when closing CF, XtremePCR crashes, but no biggie.

So back to my question.. what's the preferred XM integration?
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I will be releasing my new XM Module as standalone soon.
        That should tide you over until veetid can come up with a solution.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
          I will be releasing my new XM Module as standalone soon.
          That should tide you over until veetid can come up with a solution.
          say werd?

Comment

:cough:
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

I'm using frodo + XMD1000 right now.

I've tried using eXeM, but it won't let me change the channel after a few minutes. The current channel continues to play, but clicking on other channels does nothing.

Comment

TouchXM is right on for um, well, touch screens.......but frodos is miles ahead as far as coolness.

i gotta ditch my time trax, and somehow figuer out how to connect to the COM2 header on my MII1000 board...any idea how that would be accomplished?

Comment

Originally posted by Prindle19
                  TouchXM is right on for um, well, touch screens.......but frodos is miles ahead as far as coolness.

i gotta ditch my time trax, and somehow figuer out how to connect to the COM2 header on my MII1000 board...any idea how that would be accomplished?
                  Am I mistaken in the assumption that the TimeTrax-box creates the USB connection from the XM receiver to the computer?

If TouchXM is working with the TimeTrax box, then why wouldn't FP-XM module?

Am I missing something?

Comment

yeah, crappy engnieeering from TimeTrax

Basically, when the computer restarts, the USB-SERIAL device supplied by TimeTrax gets screwed up and TouchXM cant find the XMDirect anymore.

The only way to reecover is to unplug it, plug it back in, turn off my gps so TimeTrax doesnt try to talk to THAT instead, and then let TimeTrax find the XMDirect again.

Big PITA, so if anyone could tell me how to add a second com port to my pc when i know there is a header right on the mainboard for it, id be very thankful.

Comment

Touch XM works with the XM direct? I've tried it, but I can't get any sound. I can see/change channels fine, but no sound..

Comment

If you initiate your XM with TouchXM, you may need to manually unmute your line-in

Comment

If you initiate your XM with TouchXM, you may need to manually unmute your line-in
                          Tried that - didn't work = (

Everything works fine with Frodo, but I can't get touchXM to work = /

Comment

Big PITA, so if anyone could tell me how to add a second com port to my pc when i know there is a header right on the mainboard for it, id be very thankful.
                            There should be an option to enable the port in your BIOS.

Comment

I'm currently trying to work with embedding TouchXM
                              once I shut down the computer, the fact that the power is dropped to the usb/serial interface on that when the computer resumes
                              Actually, now that I re-read what you originally wrote.. I have the same problem ONLY when I hibernate the carputer [edit: and this is with an XMPCR]. If I do a full restart and let the hardware reinitialize, everything is fine. So I've resigned myself to shutdown/restart instead of hibernating. Ok, so it takes a couple of seconds longer to boot, but it gives me a few extra seconds to warm up the car in the winter.. =|

Comment

Working...
                              X