SONG NAME problem in 1.12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SONG NAME problem in 1.12

Hey David not sure if im the only person getting this but im still having some songs not show up in CF - Here is the look in Album Art Mode
    Attached Files
    [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
    [iGmon]
    Download MP3 MixTapes

Now this is the same album but in "music" mode, some more songs show up but not all, if you see I have song "3" playing and the name is listed on the top, just not in the playlist
    Attached Files
    [iGmon]
    Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Here is the album with the files names, the ones with red around them dont show in the Album Art mode, maybe some can rename a MP3 to one of the names in red and see if it shows up.

This is the main reason why i dont have CF in my car yet .....any ideas??
      Attached Files
      [iGmon]
      Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Remove the extra "."s.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

All the songs that aren't working have multiple "." in the filename... Pretty sure I use that to parse at some point and must have some logic wrong... I will look into it tonight... Shouldn't be hard to fix... Will post an update as soon as I can...

david

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            Remove the extra "."s.
            I hope not, I spent about a week Re-Tagging my 8000+ MP3s. I hope i dont have to rename all my MP3 with the extra "."

Thanks God for MusicBrainz Tagger, I would of been doing this alot longer then a week
            [iGmon]
            Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
              All the songs that aren't working have multiple "." in the filename... Pretty sure I use that to parse at some point and must have some logic wrong... I will look into it tonight... Shouldn't be hard to fix... Will post an update as soon as I can...

david
              thankyou sir, thanks for the quick replies
              [iGmon]
              Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

camsgs3: I can't re-create this problem... You are also the only one that seems to be having it, since I have seen no other posts about this type of problem. It isn't related to the filenames at all, because I re-created the exact album and it worked fine. I included screenshots.

It must be something else with your system or setup... I need more info and maybe some fiddling on your end to see if you can figure out what might be causing it or something that can give me some leads.

david
                Attached Files

Comment

mp3 ID3 tag issue maybe?
                  1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

camsgs3: I can't re-create this problem... You are also the only one that seems to be having it, since I have seen no other posts about this type of problem. It isn't related to the filenames at all, because I re-created the exact album and it worked fine. I included screenshots.

It must be something else with your system or setup... I need more info and maybe some fiddling on your end to see if you can figure out what might be causing it or something that can give me some leads.

david
                    thanks david for looking into the issue, i was thinking that too the other night, that no one else had the same problem, its prob. my MP3 tags i guess
                    [iGmon]
                    Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

camsgs3: If you can zip up a few of the bad mp3's that fail and some how get them to me I can try and figure out what is causing the problem. I have tons of exceptions in place when reading id3 tags, but might have missed something. I would like to figure out what it might be, or even if it's the mp3's. It shouldn't use anything related to the id3 tags when in directories mode, which is what confuses me and makes me think it's something else. If you have another machine try to install CENTRAFUSE on it and see if it will play them...

david

Comment

camsgs3: If you can zip up a few of the bad mp3's that fail and some how get them to me I can try and figure out what is causing the problem. I have tons of exceptions in place when reading id3 tags, but might have missed something. I would like to figure out what it might be, or even if it's the mp3's. It shouldn't use anything related to the id3 tags when in directories mode, which is what confuses me and makes me think it's something else. If you have another machine try to install CENTRAFUSE on it and see if it will play them...

david
                        david: ill try and zip up some "bad" mp3 files and send them to ya. I was playing around with this tonight, i have this mp3 not showing in music mode and dir mode

03-Been Around the World (feat. The Notorious B.I.G. & Mase).mp3

i rename it to:

03-Been Around the World (feat. The Notorious B.I.G).mp3 - this shows in music mode but not in the dir mode

rename any mp3 to "03-Been Around the World (feat. The Notorious B.I.G. & Mase).mp3" and see if it shows in CF

if it shows for you then it must be my system and not my tags, correct?
                        [iGmon]
                        Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Working...
                        X