CD Ripping errors out...with screenshot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Ripping errors out...with screenshot

I don't know what's going on here - I'm not able to get the CD ripping to work. This is on a clean SP1 install. Am I missing a needed component? Attached is the error message I get, then Centrafuse quits.

Thanks!

Dan

Edit: DVD doesn't work either. Centrafuse either freezes, or it just jumps from title to title, chapter to chapter, but nothing on the screen. I installed PowerDVD because I thought it needed the codecs, could this be interfering?
    Attached Files

Does it give this error with every CD you try? Did you try more than one? Same for DVD.

david

Comment

David-

No CD was in the drive when I tried this - is there supposed to be one in there first? If so, I'm an idiot.

As far as the DVD though, yes I did try multiple discs and it does the same thing. Not sure what's up...

Dan

Comment

Just tried it with a disc in the drive - no go...

Nevermind...I'm a fool...didn't have the drive letter in. Let me try a DVD now...

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
          David-

No CD was in the drive when I tried this - is there supposed to be one in there first? If so, I'm an idiot.

As far as the DVD though, yes I did try multiple discs and it does the same thing. Not sure what's up...

Dan
          It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

OK, the CD ripping works now, but I must have one slow *** reader, cause it takes about 2.5 minutes to do each song...

Autoplay doesn't work though...I'll have to look around with that before I ask for help

Comment

Argh....OK so the CD ripping is working (albeit SLOWLY, but that's probably the drive?) but DVD is still screwed. Tried uninstalling PowerDVD but that didn't make a difference. Not sure whats up...any clues?

Thanks

Comment

Any ideas on the DVD problem? This is REALLY annoying. What codecs are you all using? Anything special I need to do to get DVD working right?

Comment

uninstall all dvd player software
                  install only powerdvd, then search for *.ax filters in your pdvd dir and in \system and subfolders, there are 2/3 ax filters involved in dvd decoding, something like mpeg2dec.ax if I remember correctly. keep those filters in a secure place and uninstall powerdvd
                  then copy those ax filters in \system dir and perform a "regsvr32 filtername.ax" for each file
                  now you should run fine with only the decoding filters and no other stuff
                  Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                  Celeron 1.2ghz
                  256mb DDR-2 533
                  80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                  Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
                  M2-ATX
                  8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

Working...
                  X