Network connection detection in 1.12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network connection detection in 1.12

I've just encountered a possible minor bug with respect to the network status (connected/disconnected) shown in the upper right. I'm curious how you are determining the state of the network.

For starters, everything is on a workbench and not in the vehicle, so there's a lot more booting and testing going on, and not so much hibernating. I've got CF configured to start up automatically when I boot/login. Only under this scenario, every time CF starts the status shows "disconnected", when in fact my network interface is connected. (Actually has a 100Mbit Cat-5 connection on the workbench.) All functions requiring a network (Web, Weather, Traffic, etc.) do not work while the status shows disconnected.

What's most interesting is if I hit Ctrl-Esc and fire up a browser or anything network-related outside of CF, suddenly the CF indicator switches to "Connected". And everything now works.

I didn't at first see this, because I previously fired up CF as needed from an icon, so I probably already had network activity. I'm running Windows XP SP2.
    Erik Coleman
    VIA EPIA M10000
    Travla C134
    Xenarc 700TSV
    Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

It might be a bug... I will check into it...

david

Comment

Working...
    X