Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one seen this happening in their system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one seen this happening in their system?

I seem to be loosing my Touch Screen, while using CF. It seems that If I open CF, when the system boots after say 10 minutes or so, the touch screen will no longer work. It also seems that this occurs when I am not doing anything for a few minutes in CF. This isn normally only CF with the Music playing.

If I don't open CF, and just open D3 it seems to work fine and doest go south on me.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
    Bryan'
    2000 Yukon Denali
    Shuttle SN65G2
    Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
    1GB PC800 Mem
    Radeon9200 PRO
    Seagate 120GB
    ATI Remote
    RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
    7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
    USB 2.0 Hub
    Rikaline GPS-6010
    PN11 802.11b Wireless
    XP Pro
    750W Inverter

yep! I get that! reallllly annoying! only way for me to get it back is to cut power to the screen (ie switch off ignition - not got an in-line switch for screen). Then of course its a matter of hoping that each time you touch the screen it works!

I assumed it was a problem with the touchscreen (either controller or panel) but if you can link it to centrafuse, it would ease my troubles!

Come to think of it, its only happened recently, since i've been using centrafuse....didn't occur with frodoplayer, coincidence?

Maybe something to look at there! But can't see how centrafuse would only affect touchscreens, the usb mouse works fine.

I have the in-dash xenarc touchscreen from digitalww by the way.

Comment

Yea, I am not sure how it could do it either, but I have been debugging it, and this seems to be where it leads. I will test more, to see what I find.

Thanks for the input, sounds like im not the only one, hopefully.

Thanks,
      Bryan
      2000 Yukon Denali
      Shuttle SN65G2
      Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
      1GB PC800 Mem
      Radeon9200 PRO
      Seagate 120GB
      ATI Remote
      RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
      USB 2.0 Hub
      Rikaline GPS-6010
      PN11 802.11b Wireless
      XP Pro
      750W Inverter

Comment

If you can find anything please update! ill try and test it out too by not loading up centrafuse for a long period and see if it gives in.

Gaz

Comment

I just tried not using Centrafuse on my normal drive to work, when I always run Centrafuse, and instead used Frodoplayer. It worked like a champ. The Touch Screen worked perfect the whole way. Normally by about half way, in CF the TS will go out.

So I will keep trying and see what happens.
          2000 Yukon Denali
          Shuttle SN65G2
          Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
          1GB PC800 Mem
          Radeon9200 PRO
          Seagate 120GB
          ATI Remote
          RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
          USB 2.0 Hub
          Rikaline GPS-6010
          PN11 802.11b Wireless
          XP Pro
          750W Inverter

Comment

yep, same here, usually just unplugging my usb extnesions and then replugging it works fine

Comment

not that i can test this, since my touchscreen stopped working a log time ago. Are any of you using intergrated PhoCo with CF? Thats the only thing i can think of off the top of my head that connects to a usb com port, maybe somehow its screwing with the usb touchscreen. Can you guys run PhoCo standalone without issues? I havent heard of any issues with PhoCo and touchscreens, Just splitting straws.
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

It seems that on mine, I have to reboot for it to come back and work correctly.

I have tried just pulling the USB Plug out of my Hub, but this doesn't seem to always fix it. The only true fix for mine is rebooting the system.

I am glad that I am not the only one seeing this though.

David, any ideas on how CF could cause this? If you want me to try any other debugging I can. I do this for a living so, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
                Bryan
                2000 Yukon Denali
                Shuttle SN65G2
                Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                1GB PC800 Mem
                Radeon9200 PRO
                Seagate 120GB
                ATI Remote
                RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                USB 2.0 Hub
                Rikaline GPS-6010
                PN11 802.11b Wireless
                XP Pro
                750W Inverter

Comment

Not using the Phoco. As I have a Sprint PCS Phone, that won't work with it.

The only things that I am using in CF are Music and GPS. But I have only been using Music to test, and this is when I lose my TS.

If I run Frodoplayer it seems to work fine, the TS will not go out, so the mouse will no longer move around. Also it works fine when only using D3.

I have only noticed a problem when using CF, that the TS stops responding, really wierd, as I don't see how it could, but this is what I am seeing.

Thanks,
                  Bryan
                  2000 Yukon Denali
                  Shuttle SN65G2
                  Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                  1GB PC800 Mem
                  Radeon9200 PRO
                  Seagate 120GB
                  ATI Remote
                  RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                  USB 2.0 Hub
                  Rikaline GPS-6010
                  PN11 802.11b Wireless
                  XP Pro
                  750W Inverter

Comment

I don't think this is possible.... My app has nothing to do with your touchscreen, nor do I access any serial ports from within my program... I have had CENTRAFUSE in my car being used everyday for 5 months, using my lilliput, and I have never had it stop working... It's got to be something with your screens or your setups...

I also have a second touschreen setup in the house I use for all my development, no problems... Recently my touchscreen controller went out on my lilliput, sent it to armen to get fixed, but it wasn't related to software...

david

Comment

David,
                      I agree, as I am in debugging, working with Programmers all the time at work. I didn't seem to see that there should be any way that this would happen, but it does always seem to only due it in CF to me. I will keep playing with it and see what I find.

Thanks for all the hard work though.
                      2000 Yukon Denali
                      Shuttle SN65G2
                      Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                      1GB PC800 Mem
                      Radeon9200 PRO
                      Seagate 120GB
                      ATI Remote
                      RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                      USB 2.0 Hub
                      Rikaline GPS-6010
                      PN11 802.11b Wireless
                      XP Pro
                      750W Inverter

Comment

David,

First off, I love CF and refuse to use anything else. I just took a 2,000 mile trip with my carputer, and did notice something interesting. After a certain amount of time, the touchscreen stopped responding. My secondary pointing unit (touchpad) still worked. At first, I thought it was hardware-related on the Lilly itself, but when I don't have the system load CF, the thing worked flawlessly for hours until I ran CF.

Then, I thought perhaps it was a conflict with the Lilly TS drivers, and/or something having to do with lack of cooling, because several times the system rebooted itself for absolutely no reason--right as I was doing the "disconnect/reconnect" USB cable from the Lilly.

It seems the only way to get mine to work again under CF, is to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable from the Lilly, but that only yields 1-3 touches at the most, and then it stops working again.

I *did* notice that when it stops working, the cursor appears on the screen at the point it was last touched, even when "cursor visable" is disabled. Twice, I had hit the 'next' button, and the TS stopped working, and CF even appeared to "crash" as it had only halfway drawn the "impression" graphic from the button press. I did the ALT+F4 thing, which "closed" CF but the music kept playing in the background.

I firmly believe it has *something* to do with CF, but may not be directly related to the program itself. Other programs I tried, never once lost the TS capability, and it seems to be knocking the TS out at the driver level.

My final conclusion of a guestimate is, since CF uses the .NET framework, which interweaves itself into the actual framework of XP, something within .NET is going crack-whore-crazy with the USB Lilliput TS drivers, and is being triggered since CF uses .NET and no other program I run does.

I tried running .NET in debug and safe mode, and it still yields the same issues, though a few times it's given some sort of crash error (which I can't remember--hard to write it down while doing 100mph).

A couple of other things, which may or may not be related to the issue:

* I've had CF seemingly lose songs in the playlist everytime it starts up (random songs disappear)

* CF "locks" on exit, either a) never exiting and using horrendous amounts of RAM (seemingly in a loop), or b) exiting but never actually stopping the music

* Playlist became corrupted a few times from not exiting properly

* Plugging/Unplugging the USB Lilly cable, after several times, caused the computer to reboot, which is clearly a driver/kernel mixup, but ONLY happens while CF is running

Things to note:

* My "basic" playlist is over 7,000 songs. Perhaps that could be an issue with the playlist bugs?

* XP SP2, all current .NET/DirectX stuff as of the middle of March

* I didn't have the touchscreen issue in version 1.0 or 1.1, so something (either in how CF handles .NET chatter, or how .NET handles CF) has changed

As a final note, I hope this helps someone? I love CF and want to see it grow even better. I thought I was the only one with this weird problem, but I see I'm not alone. It has to be a software conflict somewhere.

Comment

Ive lost touchscreen once but I attributed it to a system problem
                          2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

just to toss in some feedback, i've never had this problem. thankfully!
                            Stealth OEM spyder
                            1204 dot net!

Comment

Have you looked in device manager on the properties of the touch screen device to see if it has an option something like "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" that might be whats happening, if it has that option
                              System:
                              256Mb, PIII 533 on a Hyph01 PCI sized mobo (Lan/Sound/GFX)
                              M1-ATX PSU
                              250GB Hdd

USB:
                              Haicom GPS
                              Belkin Wireless

Case:
                              Installed in an old NTL box, (best thing for it)

Screen:
                              LinITX 7"

Comment

Working...
                              X