New Error with 1.12 - pls help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Error with 1.12 - pls help!

I just installed Centrafuse on my PC. I installed Managed DirectX. The program initially ran fine, but when I upgraded my display drivers to the Catalyst 5.1, I go the error message in the pic below. Please help. Thanks!

-HD
    Attached Files

try to uninstall and re-install centrafuse... I don't get much info from the screenshot...

david

Comment

It's very weird. I think it's a Windows error more than anything else. I will do a format reinstall of windows tonight and let you know how it goes. I've been having trouble with explorer.exe lately and a reinstall will ensure no more problems. Thanks for the quick response.

-HD

Comment

I'm sure this could be caused by a lot of different things, but I got a similar error message when I had a corrupted .net installation. I had to uninstall .net framework, then reinstall .net 1.1, then reinstall the .net update. I had to download the exe files and install them manually, because windows update kept failing to install them correctly.

Comment

Okay - veetid, I've managed to regenerate the problem. Per your suggestion, I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.12 (downloaded the latest from your website). I also made sure all my DirectX, Managed DirectX and .Net packages were installed correctly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and was able to regenerate the issue both times. Basically, when the program first installs, I am able to access everything and finish setting up. When I exit and try to go back into CF, I receive the error message posted above. I can uninstall, reinstall and go through the same routine - I still receive a similar error message.

Any help would be nice. Thanks!

-HD

Comment

hd54321: What operating system and hardware? If windows 2000, make sure to install MDAC 2.08, link on my website.

david

Comment

Win XP

Comment

Ok, I'm googling the error and it seems like its an error with my .Net installation - downloading the SDK as we speak...will update soon.

-HD

Comment

fyi - i fixed this issue. My computer had a virus and it messed up the .Net installation. So, I cleaned out the virus, uninstalled CF - restart - uninstalled .Net - restart - reinstall fresh download of .Net framework - restart and reinstall CF.

It works, except for my Media Player - my DVD functionality is gone. I'll post a new thread.

-HD

Comment

hd54321: In order for DVD to work you must have DVD codecs installed. Install some DVD software (powerDVD, nvDVD, WinDVD, etc..) and it should work... If you can play a DVD in media player, then you should be able to play one in CENTRAFUSE.

david

Comment

veetid - thanks for the response. It's not playing DVD's whatsoever. I have WMP10 installed. I have installed full retail versions of the following:

Power DVD 6 Deluxe
                      WinDVD 6 Platinum
                      nVidia DVD Decoder

None of these pieces of software have allowed WMP10 to play DVD's. I've uninstalled and installed every piece of DVD software along with WMP10 over the course of 4 hours today to no avail. All I would get would be a blank screen and WMP would think that the DVD in the drive was a playlist of some sort. I have a feeling its the DVD drive I am using.

-HD

Comment

Working...
                      X