Centrafuse 2.0 Lite/Pro/Enterprise???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse 2.0 Lite/Pro/Enterprise???

I just saw that you listed CF 2.0 Lite/Pro/Enterprise as Coming Soon on your website...any news on release dates and potential costs?

-HD

LITE will always be free, as well as any BETA version that may be in testing. PRO will just include all my features, and will be very affordable (a way for all these people wanting to donate to actually do it . Enterprise is something for distributors, and that is worked out on a case to case basis.

Still working on the details with Destinator...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
      LITE will always be free, as well as any BETA version that may be in testing. PRO will just include all my features, and will be very affordable (a way for all these people wanting to donate to actually do it . Enterprise is something for distributors, and that is worked out on a case to case basis.

Still working on the details with Destinator...

david
      sounds fair, just don't forget us here, we help you find the bugs to make yu're software better
      my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Hmm...I'm surprised you're doing it this way. Personally, I would rather donate than pay for the software - seems like you would get a lot more support when people volunteer to give than forcing them to do it. Eh, not my kickass software though...

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
          Hmm...I'm surprised you're doing it this way. Personally, I would rather donate than pay for the software - seems like you would get a lot more support when people volunteer to give than forcing them to do it. Eh, not my kickass software though...
          As I see it there's no force involved, since there will always be a free version.

If someone is willing to shell out for an enhanced version, what does it matter whether they donate, or buy/license the software? Personally, I think it's better for him this way in the sense that everyone is just a customer: noone can attempt to pressure him into any "special interest" features, like they might feel they were entitled to if they were a donator. I'm just playing the devil's advocate with that last statement.

In any case, this is an awesome product and he deserves compensation for it, in whatever way he decides.

Just my $0.02.
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Ah man.... that bums me out... you are going to start charging.
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

What exactly are the features that youre going to give to pro users?
              2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                Ah man.... that bums me out... you are going to start charging.
                well i think he will have to charge for the one WITH destinator as he prolly has to pay destinator for a license... and just like he said there will always be a free version.

Originally posted by aoLhaTer
                What exactly are the features that youre going to give to pro users?
                PRODUCTS

CENTRAFUSE 1.12 BETA (FREE) - Download Now

CENTRAFUSE BETA is the latest development release of our CarPC software. When the BETA testing phase is complete, CENTRAFUSE PRO will be released. More Info...

CENTRAFUSE 2.0 LITE (FREE) - Coming Soon

CENTRAFUSE LITE is the basic edition of our CarPC software. It will include a media player and the ability to embed other applications.

CENTRAFUSE 2.0 PRO - Coming Soon

CENTRAFUSE PRO is the professional edition of our premiere CarPC software. It will include all the features of the LITE version plus ODB-II support, CD Ripping, Web Browsing, Phone Support and much more.

CENTRAFUSE 2.0 PRO with Destinator 3 - Coming Soon

CENTRAFUSE PRO is the professional edition of our premiere CarPC software. It will include all the features of the LITE version plus integrated Destinator 3, ODB-II support, CD Ripping, Web Browsing, Phone Support and much more.

Comment

think of how hard he has worked on writing this and how much time he has invested, i do not mind supporting him and his product. Everytime I have had any questions concerning his software he has always been the first to respond and has been very professional.
                  New System in progress:
                  M10k
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                  Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                  Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                  Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                  My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                    think of how hard he has worked on writing this and how much time he has invested, i do not mind supporting him and his product. Everytime I have had any questions concerning his software he has always been the first to respond and has been very professional.
                    i totally agree on that go veetid!

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
                      As I see it there's no force involved, since there will always be a free version.

If someone is willing to shell out for an enhanced version, what does it matter whether they donate, or buy/license the software? Personally, I think it's better for him this way in the sense that everyone is just a customer: noone can attempt to pressure him into any "special interest" features, like they might feel they were entitled to if they were a donator. I'm just playing the devil's advocate with that last statement.

In any case, this is an awesome product and he deserves compensation for it, in whatever way he decides.

Just my $0.02.

Yeah, I guess that argument does make sense...either way I certainly agree that he does deserve compensation...this some kick *** software

Comment

I support this dicision too... what have the people that don't like this idea contributed in form of software yet? What's available now will still remain so.

I personally prefer to pay something for software instead of watching it die (mediacar).
                        List of front-ends/usefull apps
                        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                          I agree with that also, i dont mind paying for something that will be bug free and stable and a dev. that listens to its users

Im also pretty shore that this is what david does for a living, alot of other frontend dev. work on it as a hobby - meaning they have there "real" jobs to do first
                          [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
                          [iGmon]
                          Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

yes he deserves to be payed for this nice thing he wrote but everything depends how much he want to charge for it...

People only want to pay for software when it costs less then 20 Euro (without Destinator) (and yes I know what I am talking about), above that price people will open kazaa etc... and look for the software and wait till it shows up illegal. Below that price many more people will buy and try it...
                            People do not like to pay a lot of money for software because is has a very short life span

I rather would like to see that David gets payed by the Destinator guys because he can write good software for it and the Destinator guys can try to score the 'next genaration' GPS system provider for the large car-nav builders.
                            EPIA M10K, 512MB RAM, 60GB
                            [##########] 100% (since 1 March 2005)

snowboarding.be - bokky.com

Comment

After extensive testing the software is still *very* buggy. Please see my comments at http://forums.fluxmedia.net/viewtopic.php?t=87.

I'd be delighted to hear that no one else is having these problems, as it means that there must be configuration issues on my end. But this seems very unlikely that hardware config could improve all of these problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X