Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centrafuse 1024 x 768 skins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Centrafuse 1024 x 768 skins?

    Searched already but no joy- anyone know where I can get this?

    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    bump

    anyone??

    Comment


    • #3
      from what I have heard, you have to manually create the changes, both to the images and xml files.

      I have yet to dive into it, but I definately want to customize my screen for 800 x 480.
      Check here

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Coeus
        from what I have heard, you have to manually create the changes, both to the images and xml files.

        I have yet to dive into it, but I definately want to customize my screen for 800 x 480.
        Check here
        It's really not that hard... just time consuming. If you don't have it already, go download the trial version of PaintShopPro. Then go through each of the images and resize them to whatever dimensions you want. Then, in PSP, use the SELECT tool to draw boxes around each button/hot-spot/clickable-area and note the X,Y, length and width. Put those values into the appropriate spots in the skin.xml file.

        There's probably a better tool out there, something for automatically making image maps or something, but I haven't looked around much.

        -Meta
        ChadGoode.com - Miata MX-5 Carputer

        ChadGoode.com - Nissan Frontier Truck-puter

        Comment


        • #5
          That sounds fairly easy, but I definately want to do a custom skin. Maybe when I get some free time. Other bad thing is that CoPilot LIve 8 does not work so well in Guidance mode at 800 x 480.

          Oh well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Coeus
            That sounds fairly easy, but I definately want to do a custom skin. Maybe when I get some free time. Other bad thing is that CoPilot LIve 8 does not work so well in Guidance mode at 800 x 480.

            Oh well.
            Don't worry, it won't end up that big. And with Centrafuse you can reesixe it to whatever you want in the .ini file.
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GizmoQ
              Don't worry, it won't end up that big. And with Centrafuse you can reesixe it to whatever you want in the .ini file.
              what won't end up that big?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Coeus
                That sounds fairly easy, but I definately want to do a custom skin. Maybe when I get some free time. Other bad thing is that CoPilot LIve 8 does not work so well in Guidance mode at 800 x 480.

                Oh well.
                So have you figured out how to resize the screen/buttons for Copilot 8 in guidance mode? I was looking at the ini files in the app directory, some of them looked promising...
                My install log
                My "selling entire system" thread

                Comment


                • #9
                  you don't need a new skin... Just fill in 1024 for the width and 768 for the height in setup...

                  david
                  __________________
                  CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                  01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                  M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I guess what he is really asking for, is a 4:3 native skin file. If he goes fullscreen with the WS skin, it will look distorted, no?

                    Originally posted by veetid
                    you don't need a new skin... Just fill in 1024 for the width and 768 for the height in setup...

                    david
                    2002 Honda CR-V
                    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                    Spent so far: $1105.90


                    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                    ...or even Listen to my music

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if displayed on a non widescreen monitor... If you run 1024x768 or 800x600 (4:3) on a widescreen monitor, it should look normal and stretch back out... Currently I only have Blue Ice in WS format... I have viewed fullscreen on a 4:3 monitor, especially smaller screens, and it doesn't look that bad...

                      david
                      __________________
                      CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                      01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                      M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I use cf in 4:3 640*480 and it ROCKS
                        Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

                        Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                        Celeron 1.2ghz
                        256mb DDR-2 533
                        80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                        Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
                        M2-ATX
                        8" Lilliput TS LCD

                        100% installed and working :D

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X