question about weather screen and port 8080

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about weather screen and port 8080

If I am hooked up to a LAN or over 80211 the weather screen works great.

If I connect to my phone(BT): IE works, Firefox works, traffic screen works, but weather screen does not work.
    When I am using BT over cell phone I have to use a proxy server on port 8080 because T-Mobile blocked t-zone internet access for free, so the workaround is port 8080..

anyway, whats the source of the weather page and how can I configure it to work.

Also, wondering if others are having this problem.

Thanks again

Don

All providers I have used have atleast port 80 open... Not sure about how to make a work around for this 8080..

david

Comment

nah, tmobile just recently blocked port 80 about a couple of months ago on their tzones (4.99) plans, you have to get the more expensice internet plan to get port 80 open (19.99).

id like to know this since i have the same 4.99 tzones plan that has port 80 blocked.
      I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

here's the info from another thread
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...0&postcount=84

David : Maybe you can incorporate some sort of specifications in the seting in the future releases..
        The web window works, so maybe we can store page locally and access it through web window which would get info from current connection ( short term fix ? ) The weather page is great and would just like to utillize it. I'm sure that many will have this problem as there are many people using T-Mobile that have the 4.99 T-Zones not the ( 4.99 + 19.99 ) expensive plan.

Thanks again

Don

Comment

bump de bump

Comment

have you guys thought about running a simple proxy on the same computer? im not very fluent with it neither have i used a proxy before, but iirc you can make it to translate ports (access to port 80 goes to port 8080).

do some searching and im sure you should be able to find a quick solution to this dilemma.
            Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Yeah, i've got this issue as well. I'm assuming its due to the fact that we're proxying port 80 traffic. A bit off topic, but i noticed the port 8080 connection doesn't allow direct access to servers via ip address either.
              Stealth OEM spyder
              1204 dot net!

Comment

Originally posted by Vchat20
                have you guys thought about running a simple proxy on the same computer? im not very fluent with it neither have i used a proxy before, but iirc you can make it to translate ports (access to port 80 goes to port 8080).

do some searching and im sure you should be able to find a quick solution to this dilemma.
                the ISP ( t-Mobile ) blocks port 80, so no matter what we do the only accessable port ( at the ISP ) is port 8080 through a certain proxy IP 216.155.165.50

Comment

thats what i meant. since the weather page seems to be locked to port 80, you should be able to run a proxy on the carputer which will translate all access to port 80 to port 8080 which will essentially make the weather page use port 8080. but if david is going to add more configuration for this, then more power to him.
                  Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Working...
                  X