Embedding FreeDrive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding FreeDrive

Hi m8. just started trying my app in diff frontends, think this is a common problem with d3 based frontends, it embeds fine, but just beeps when I tap on the map, which should bring my menu up. Anything I need to do to get this working I can code in ?

o.. btw the speed font can be changed in the skin.ini so no probs there (just noticed it on preview)

cheers

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

The problem is the D3 map doesn't like being embedded into a Windows Layered Window, which is what I use. So currently there is no solution in place.

I think NM created a wrapper that made his work...

david

Comment

cheers m8, will have a play tomorrow :-)

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

looks really good, canīt wait for the weekend. Are you sure, your bmw can go 330 mp/h ? If so... very cool ;-)

- superbowl
        ---
        i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

Comment

Freedrive embedded in Centrafuse

Originally posted by veetid
          The problem is the D3 map doesn't like being embedded into a Windows Layered Window, which is what I use. So currently there is no solution in place.

I think NM created a wrapper that made his work...

david
          Did this ever get resolved or is my computer broke. I'm trying to use Freedrive embedded in Centrafuse and I can't get the map to move. I have 5 satellites locked and am getting a long lag from the speedo but the map doesn't update. I have to close it, open D3, set my route, close D3, open Freedrive and the map upates the location upon opening but won't move. After 5-10 minutes Freedrive crashes.

Freedrive as a stand alone works great except for the routing crash. I need more than just a pretty moving map.

HELP!!! Centrafuse with Freedrive is the best. I just need to get them working together.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

It works ok on my system.
            I have the map embedded and the map is moving and i can see the speed.
            The only problem now is that the skin is not made to be resized to the smale size of the embedded window.
            More info here----> http://www.gijsje.net

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
              Did this ever get resolved or is my computer broke. I'm trying to use Freedrive embedded in Centrafuse and I can't get the map to move. I have 5 satellites locked and am getting a long lag from the speedo but the map doesn't update. I have to close it, open D3, set my route, close D3, open Freedrive and the map upates the location upon opening but won't move. After 5-10 minutes Freedrive crashes.

Freedrive as a stand alone works great except for the routing crash. I need more than just a pretty moving map.

HELP!!! Centrafuse with Freedrive is the best. I just need to get them working together.
              I am currently experiencing the same problem. Has anyone found a way to solve this. FreeDrive itself works fine just it seems that CF does not update the window or something. When I for example change views it lcks to my current position again, but does not move the map
              Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

this is a known problem in 1.2.... It has to do with my use of layered windows... It shouldn't be a problem anymore in 1.3...

david

Comment

OK. And I guess you would ahve told me if there existed a workaround for it, right?

Is Frodo's wrapper for FreeDrive worth a shot or pretty muc useless for this kinda problem?
                  Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

Anyway to make FD run from one of the main buttons on left of CF1.4b

I wanna have FD instead of mixer as I've also got access to mixer through Apps Menu.
                    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Right, got all the buttons doing what they should, now FD won't embed. I've tried all the different window names to no avail. Still no Embed. But it will embed anything else with Freedrive contained in the title bar fine ?!?
                      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuned Vitesse
                        Right, got all the buttons doing what they should, now FD won't embed. I've tried all the different window names to no avail. Still no Embed. But it will embed anything else with Freedrive contained in the title bar fine ?!?
                        I'm having the same problem with CF 1.4b, I can get Map Monkey 1.3 embedded but FreeDrive 0.85 or 0.80 will not embed. Interestingly FreeDrive 0.52 will embed!

CDRSkull any chance of looking at this?
                        Life moves fast, so don't get left behind, buy a fast car!

Comment

CDRsKull told me to try turning off the start up splash screen using the parameter "hidden"

FreeDrive.exe hidden

Gave this a go and bing FreeDrive embedded in CF 1.4b.

Cheers CDRsKull
                          Life moves fast, so don't get left behind, buy a fast car!

Comment

Originally posted by Evo
                            CDRsKull told me to try turning off the start up splash screen using the parameter "hidden"

FreeDrive.exe hidden

Gave this a go and bing FreeDrive embedded in CF 1.4b.

Cheers CDRsKull
                            so you put " hidden " after the path name,
                            or is that the window name...
                            I'm confused, and do not use FD currently so I am unfamiliar, but want to try it if it embeds..

Don

Comment

Working...
                            X