Destinator problem in 1.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator problem in 1.2

Hi, If I try to use the destinator builtin on 1.2, I get an error as soon as I click on GPS saying not enough memory or if the application is already loaded (I think these errors come from Destinator dll, cause I had this at one point with mapmonkey), then I click ok, and I get a bunch of boxes saying "cannot save ini file" also I think coming from d3 sdk...

Any ideas? I have mapmonkey installed fine....
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Actually I cant get mapmonkey to embed, but i'm unsure whether it is rlated at all.... I get a msg from map monkey and it stays behind in a blank window, without loading the map.
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

check that what ever version of Destinator your running isnt already running in taskmanager, sometimes it doesnt close even though it disapears from the taskbar
      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
        Actually I cant get mapmonkey to embed
        You donīt need to embed mapmonkey, as centrafuse 1.2 has more support for destinator.

You only need an installed version of mapmonkey, then specify the gps path (for me its: c:\destinatorapps\destinator\destinator.exe) and thats it for me.

No need to enter a name for the window. Just click "GPS" and destinator will launch immediately.

(Ok, right now iīm in my office - without gps - but working pretty cool)

- superbowl
        ---
        i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

Comment

Superbowl I did NOT set gps path in settings just selected enable destinator in settings could be thea when you press GPS you are trying to launch built in destinator and Map[Monkey at the same time hence your eror message about allready open.
          PC Chips 1500,512mb ddr,no case yet, LinITX 7" touchscreen,300w inverter,RoadRunner FreeDrive,BU303 gps mouse.

Comment

yep works fine here, i even have the speedcams in there , only thing it won't warn me prolly (coz thats a mapmonkey feature) i will install in it in the car today and do a little test drive.

Originally posted by RoyN
            Actually I cant get mapmonkey to embed, but i'm unsure whether it is rlated at all.... I get a msg from map monkey and it stays behind in a blank window, without loading the map.
            make sure you don't have ON TOP in the config checked

Originally posted by superbowl
            No need to enter a name for the window. Just click "GPS" and destinator will launch immediately.
            true but you have te check 'use destinator' in the config
            my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Originally posted by sim
              Superbowl I did NOT set gps path in settings just selected enable destinator in settings
              Oh, that did not work for me ...

- superbowl
              ---
              i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

Comment

I selected the Use Destinator button to Enabled.

I then Set the GPS Path to C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe

I then set the GPS Window name to Map Monkey.

I did this in my car, and it worked fine on the way to work this morning.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                Bryan
                2000 Yukon Denali
                Shuttle SN65G2
                Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                1GB PC800 Mem
                Radeon9200 PRO
                Seagate 120GB
                ATI Remote
                RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                USB 2.0 Hub
                Rikaline GPS-6010
                PN11 802.11b Wireless
                XP Pro
                750W Inverter

Comment

You don't have to set the GPS path or Window name... That is just for launching an external GPS program and they are both ignored if you have Destinator enabled... You don't need MapMonkey either.. All you need is the Destinator SDK setup and running... That just consists of having the DestDll.dll registered and your maps located at C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator and that's all you need...

david

Comment

ok i have a major problem... it starts up fine, but...i did the gps settings, get GPS FOUND, get full signal... and then it only 'turns' the map on the spot where i set the gps.. so when i turn it just turns the map but does not update anything even tried to reboot, restart etc ???
                    my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                      You don't have to set the GPS path or Window name... That is just for launching an external GPS program and they are both ignored if you have Destinator enabled... You don't need MapMonkey either.. All you need is the Destinator SDK setup and running... That just consists of having the DestDll.dll registered and your maps located at C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator and that's all you need...

david
                      I am having the same problem. I have destinator working correctly with road runner and have been testing it. I check to see if map monkey is running and it is not. I reboot the computer. I uninstalled the older version of centrafuse and installed the new one. I enabled destinator in the config and DID NOT put anything in the paths just like you said not to. When I launch gps I get the same errors reported in the first post in this thread. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

GReeToZ: I am not sure about this... I have my GPS working and updating fine in my car... Not sure what could cause this...

mpfjr: The only time I have seen this error is if another application is loaded in memory that uses the DestDll.dll...

david

Comment

W O W... ok that's it i'm finally turned. I'm gonna use centrafuse from now on!!
                          good work folks!!

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                            mpfjr: The only time I have seen this error is if another application is loaded in memory that uses the DestDll.dll...

david
                            Yah, after another reboot I have it sorted now thankyou.

Comment

I have Destinator 3 installed. I enabled it in CF, but when I press GPS I get this error. Any idea what this means?
                              Attached Files
                              My Car PC

Comment

Working...
                              X