GPS Low Signal Program in Centrafuse 1.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Low Signal Program in Centrafuse 1.2

I'm using Centrafuse 1.2 with the integrated D3. My GPS receiver is the Altina GGM308 GPS Mouse. The problem I am having is that when D3 loses a satellite fix, it takes forever to re-acquire my position. When I look at the GPS status page, I can have 5 or 6+ different satellites turn green and it still says "Acquiring Satellites..." Up to 20 minutes later, I finally get a fix and it stays fixed pretty well until I drive into my garage (four levels underground) or pull into a multi-level parking structure. When viewing the GPS status page with a satellite fix, I can have as few as 4 satellites and still have a signal. Is this normal operation or is this a bug? Is it software related or hardware (GPS Receiver)?

The only times that I get this are when I put my system in Hibernate, and then bring it back up. It will then give me this same message. I then click on the Menu\GPS Status Button Then click on the GPS Settings button at the top left. It will then reconnect. I then close this and its now back up and running fine for me.

I just have to do this every time that I bring the system out of Hibernate.

Hope this helps.

Bryan
    2000 Yukon Denali
    Shuttle SN65G2
    Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
    1GB PC800 Mem
    Radeon9200 PRO
    Seagate 120GB
    ATI Remote
    RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
    7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
    USB 2.0 Hub
    Rikaline GPS-6010
    PN11 802.11b Wireless
    XP Pro
    750W Inverter

Comment

That must be it because I have my system hibernate everytime I turn off the engine. Is there a way to automatically reconnect to GPS everytime I come out of hibernate?

Comment

Do you connect with a USB cable? If so, then I use to have the same problems... I just switched to a GPS mouse that had an RS232 serial interface and that was powered externally and all my problems went away...

david

Comment

what version of windows are you using? SP2 fixes the USB problem.

Comment

I do use a USB Rikaline 6010 GPS unit, with XP Pro SP1. This system didn't like the SP2 at all. So I didn't upgrade to it.

Thanks,
            Bryan
            2000 Yukon Denali
            Shuttle SN65G2
            Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
            1GB PC800 Mem
            Radeon9200 PRO
            Seagate 120GB
            ATI Remote
            RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
            7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
            USB 2.0 Hub
            Rikaline GPS-6010
            PN11 802.11b Wireless
            XP Pro
            750W Inverter

Comment

Originally posted by Triad.:
              what version of windows are you using? SP2 fixes the USB problem.
              Hmm...I'm use XP with SP1. I'll try upgrading to SP2 and see if it helps.

Comment

i have the same prob if i come out of hibernation it says signal to low, then i just let it and will reconnect within the minute using the USB BU303
                my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Fixed it. It wouldn't get good reception near the touchscreen so I moved it to the corner of the front windshield. Now I get a fix very quickly

Comment

Tinted glass affects reception also (if its metal film tint). As can the EM fields that PSU's, screens and Mobo's kick out.
                    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                    X